Best room for beardie?

Beardie name(s)
Lemon
Hi All

We have had Lemon for 2.5 years now and he is absolutely thriving. He belongs to my son (now 14) and for most of the year his viv is in my son's room. My son's bedroom is not the biggest and the viv (Zen habitat) takes up a lot of space. In the summer we move his viv out into the living room as the bedroom becomes unbearably hot due to heat / lamps belonging to Lemon! He then gets moved back upstairs at the end of the summer.

Rather than this constant moving every time the weather warms up, I am considering moving his viv permanently onto a landing space outside our bedroom, which would also give my son a bit more space. He would be able to see out of a window but would not be in direct sunlight ever (the window is slightly lower than the landing as it on the stairs). Our bedroom is on the top floor and is the only room, so we would not be walking past very frequently.

My son is at school all day so Lemon is used to not having somebody in the room with him until late afternoon. My son does however does spend a lot of time in the evening / weekends in his room so Lemon sees him much more then. He spends time out of his viv when my son is there, and this wouldn't change as he would still be getting him out when he gets home, but obviously when he is back in his viv he would be alone.

Does anybody have any thoughts as to whether this might be a negative change for him? We can't have him in the living room permanently as there just isn't the space unfortunately. We have plenty of space in the conservatory but I would be worried about extreme temps in there on days we are not home to ensure they are regulated for him!

Thoughts welcome!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Personally O try to keep my beardies where they have line of sight to us. They seem way less jumpy like that. If space is a concern though sometimes you have to compromise. If there is a chance of overheating though that spot I wouldn't even consider.

CitrusLemonBeardie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Lemon
Personally O try to keep my beardies where they have line of sight to us. They seem way less jumpy like that. If space is a concern though sometimes you have to compromise. If there is a chance of overheating though that spot I wouldn't even consider.
Thanks XP. Yes, most definitely avoiding the conservatory. The landing is very well ventilated though, with a skylight as well as the window on the stairs (with a blind covering both if needed on sunnier days). I guess we could try it this summer as his usual 'temporary' warm weather move and if it seems to suit him we can make it permanent, otherwise we can put him back with my son as normal!

CitrusLemonBeardie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Lemon
Just as an update - moved Lemon a month or so earlier than usual due to wanting to paint my son's room. Decided he would be too lonely on the landing so he has his usual spot in the living room with a decent view of Sky Sports whenever he likes 🤣 Photo attached!

Attachments

• 17117288187331237325271231806205.jpg
    17117288187331237325271231806205.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 26

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Just as an update - moved Lemon a month or so earlier than usual due to wanting to paint my son's room. Decided he would be too lonely on the landing so he has his usual spot in the living room with a decent view of Sky Sports whenever he likes 🤣 Photo attached!
He looks pretty happy.
Good looking dragon to!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom