How to keep cats off enclosure?

zonkey

Original Poster
Hi all! What do you guys use to put on top of your tank to keep cats off of it? Just need a temporary setup for this as the cats are just my friend's. But I want to start setting up. What is the most effective? I jsut want to avoid cats possibly knocking over the heat lamp or causing stress to my beardie. Thanks!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi all! What do you guys use to put on top of your tank to keep cats off of it? Just need a temporary setup for this as the cats are just my friend's. But I want to start setting up. What is the most effective? I jsut want to avoid cats possibly knocking over the heat lamp or causing stress to my beardie. Thanks!
Put the tank on a stand alone stand like a dresser or aquarium stand- I have 5 cats and none of them get on my two tanks- they would need to jump from the floor and brings they can't see the top of the tanks they won't jump

Xjrosie

Hatchling Member
I used planks of wood. I just set them on top on each side of the lighting. It was a temporary thing too, so when I got Thor's new house I didn't have a lot of money invested and it was easy to disassemble.

I went the route of "I have a stupid cat who will jump on anything because he doesn't carry a fear factor." I wasn't going to be able to keep him off, so I did what I could to keep both animals protected.

zonkey

Original Poster
I used planks of wood. I just set them on top on each side of the lighting. It was a temporary thing too, so when I got Thor's new house I didn't have a lot of money invested and it was easy to disassemble.

I went the route of "I have a stupid cat who will jump on anything because he doesn't carry a fear factor." I wasn't going to be able to keep him off, so I did what I could to keep both animals protected.
Thank you for sharing! Do you have a photo by chance?

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
Hi!
I do not have cats but I do have dogs so I just keep my lizards up high so they don't snoop their noses and burn themselves on the lamp(Especially my bigger dog who's taller than my other dog)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom