Trinity SAD PHOTOS BEWARE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all I wanted to post these pics of (Newly named) Trintiy she is at a rescue here in British Columbia (canada) and here is her story I still can't believe she is still alive!!

I emailed someone on craigslist as we were getting our new beardie (from the same rescue that currently has Trinity) I was quick to text (as he left his #) and he responded pretty quick his ad read Reptile/Fish Tank he gave the dimensions and and his number that was ALL! So upon texting he informed me there was a beardie currently living in his tank (could not see it from the pic he sent looked like a tank full of drift wood) so I (being a curious george) asked for a pic of the beardie and what I got I could NEVER have even Imagined!! She (we think she is a she but she's soooooo badly malnourished you can't tell!) He told me he has had her since 2004 but never knew if it was male or female and that It (as he always referred to her as) had no name! I quickly sent the pics to my friend that owns the rescue and she told me to go pick her up but ask to pay less for the tank (as I still needed the tank and considering there was a beardie in there he was asking Waaaaay below asking price for such a large tank!) so off I went with my heat pack and towel to go get this Very Sick beardie! When I saw the tank i was in SHOCK! There were small pieces of Lego in there there was No food to be seen or water of any sort just a dried up dish with nothing in it! She was on sand and she had sand caked in her beard on her vent and stuck to her feet! There was even a poop with a balloon in it (YIKES!!!!) I just couldn't imagine how she had survived since 2004 obviously at some point he had cared right? He had the right lighting and calcium so its just plain old Starvation and Dehydration that was killing her! Several times on our drive to the rescue she I could have sworn she had passed but all of a sudden we got within 10mins of the rescue (she was over an hour away where she lived) she opened her eyes and sat up! Long story short she is still alive and is hunting and eating All on her own!! Its been 2 weeks and she seems to be doing well she was loaded with parasites but is on meds now! She hasn't gained much and to see her still is such a sad sight but she's fighting hard!! Im attaching pics of her (BEWARE IF YOU CANT HANDLE SAD PHOTOS!) I wanted to share her story with everyone even though she is not mine ( we adopted Ruby from the rescue and picked her up the day we dropped Trinity off, sucked as now the rescue has 1 more mouth to feed but are SOOOOO happy they are getting to help her!) I will try to post some pics as she starts to regain her health right now she doesn't look much better then the pics but she's feeling Waaaaay better these days!! Thanks for reading!1
ee19b532.jpg

972b2d59.jpg

(She will not be available for adoption for a very loooooong time and they do not ship outside the province of BC incase someone was wanting to inquire!)

RubysMomma

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Skira - I don't think he cares! When I asked about why she was soooo skinny his answer was she's always been on the smaller side! After we picked her up I had texted him a question and he meter even asked how she was doing in her "new home" so he really didn't care! Sad but true some people just don't care about other living beings!

Shannybeard - yes it's awesome and she's been eating on her own! It's soo strange to see her she literally has no muscles on her legs it skin on bones but I totally can see she's improving!! It's Shocking really when you see this skinny little dragon hop down off her driftwood and glass dance then Climb ALL the way back up (to be as close to the light as she can possibly get!) she has such strength for her condition!! She's Amazing!!
Thanks for the comments it really is nice that there is a site where people care as much as everyone here does!!

Animal abuse and neglect is a huge rage trigger for me. You're a pet's entire world, and when you abuse that pet then you're something less than human to me. Our interactions with animals are opportunities to show kindness, respect and mercy in a world that offers very little on its own. That "owner" was a monster. For the record, I'm a "let the punishment fit the crime" kind of guy when it comes to animal abuse.

Good for you. You're doing a real kindness here.

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
clawclawbite":3ao254xm said:
Our interactions with animals are opportunities to show kindness, respect and mercy in a world that offers very little on its own.

That is precisely how I feel about animals, too.

RubysMomma

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Clawclawbite - I totally agree! Wouldn't it be nice if the law was on our side on this one!! (p.s. have to tell ya I love the "Custom Blend" way of saying it as well!!)

dragonlover3

Sub-Adult Member
ShannyBeard":2oi04h1m said:
EPIC! That is a nice weight gain for a bearded dragon in her condition in one month. I would be very pleased with that progress if she were in my care. I love hearing about the glass dancing and the black beard. My rescue Papa black beards some, too, and I think it's a sign of their fighting spirit and desire to survive. I'm always looking for an update on this thread. I wish I could take Trinity when she is ready for a forever home, but of course I live too far away! LOL! I hope that whoever takes her will be urged to come on this site and register and keep this thread updated.

This is such great news this morning. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Shannon,
I sooo want her too! She needs to be spoiled, pampered and loved for the rest of her life! I hope who ever adopts her treats her like a little princess! Can't wait for new photos!

RubysMomma,
Every time I check out this thread, read such good progress updates and see Trinity's new photos I always think you are one of those amazing rescue saints! And so is that wonderful rescue lady who has Trinity under her care!
Amanda

RubysMomma

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks Amanda funniest part is I bought her and really wanted the tank she was in for Our bearded dragon we were adopting from the shelter, and now its in my shed empty! We ended up building a unit for Ruby and even had to replace the flourencent light fixture today so realistically I paid $80 to save Trinity AND paid the adoption fee for Ruby lol! (don't tell hubby lol!)

dragonlover3

Sub-Adult Member
RubysMomma":qdedkny3 said:
Thanks Amanda funniest part is I bought her and really wanted the tank she was in for Our bearded dragon we were adopting from the shelter, and now its in my shed empty! We ended up building a unit for Ruby and even had to replace the flourencent light fixture today so realistically I paid $80 to save Trinity AND paid the adoption fee for Ruby lol! (don't tell hubby lol!)

:laughing6: :notworthy:
Amanda

RubysMomma

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hey Amanda no new photos yet was there yesterday but he doesn't look much different from the last pics. She is eating on her own slowly, gaining slowly and if she refuses food she gets syringe! It's really weird most dragons in her shape you'd expect to be dead within days but she's gone almost 2mths on this slow gain! It's frustrating but the rescue is trying to go with the flow! The rescue still dead hope it's weird my beardie has gained like CrAzY since I got her she soooo fat and here's Trinity skinny as can be but she has TONS of energy she glass surfs and moves all over her tank (they had to put her in a slightly smaller tank as she was being too active and not eating enough!! But as long as she's eating we r happy :D

dragonlover3

Sub-Adult Member
Hi,
I'm so happy to hear Trinity is progressing....and glass dancing too :blob5: that's just amazing!
The rescue lady is doing well with her for sure! A slow and steady gain is the healthiest way.
I hope she continues to gain and improve! I think about her! She survived because you cared! :notworthy:
It's wonderful your little one has gained and is doing so well! I'd love to see a photo of her. :D
Amanda

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Just wanted to get in on this to say you are doing a great thing for Trinity :D

-Brandon

RubysMomma

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Amanda in Beardie Tales Ruby has a "blog" if u will called Ruby's Life (pics and day to day with Ruby!) I put up a new pic today of her "sleeping" (I woke her up) so she has her cranky face on lol but u can see how big her belly is getting!!

Thanks Brandon she's an amazing dragon when u see her it's hard to believe she's still alive!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thuexedulichthailan
Top Bottom