Trinity SAD PHOTOS BEWARE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all I wanted to post these pics of (Newly named) Trintiy she is at a rescue here in British Columbia (canada) and here is her story I still can't believe she is still alive!!

I emailed someone on craigslist as we were getting our new beardie (from the same rescue that currently has Trinity) I was quick to text (as he left his #) and he responded pretty quick his ad read Reptile/Fish Tank he gave the dimensions and and his number that was ALL! So upon texting he informed me there was a beardie currently living in his tank (could not see it from the pic he sent looked like a tank full of drift wood) so I (being a curious george) asked for a pic of the beardie and what I got I could NEVER have even Imagined!! She (we think she is a she but she's soooooo badly malnourished you can't tell!) He told me he has had her since 2004 but never knew if it was male or female and that It (as he always referred to her as) had no name! I quickly sent the pics to my friend that owns the rescue and she told me to go pick her up but ask to pay less for the tank (as I still needed the tank and considering there was a beardie in there he was asking Waaaaay below asking price for such a large tank!) so off I went with my heat pack and towel to go get this Very Sick beardie! When I saw the tank i was in SHOCK! There were small pieces of Lego in there there was No food to be seen or water of any sort just a dried up dish with nothing in it! She was on sand and she had sand caked in her beard on her vent and stuck to her feet! There was even a poop with a balloon in it (YIKES!!!!) I just couldn't imagine how she had survived since 2004 obviously at some point he had cared right? He had the right lighting and calcium so its just plain old Starvation and Dehydration that was killing her! Several times on our drive to the rescue she I could have sworn she had passed but all of a sudden we got within 10mins of the rescue (she was over an hour away where she lived) she opened her eyes and sat up! Long story short she is still alive and is hunting and eating All on her own!! Its been 2 weeks and she seems to be doing well she was loaded with parasites but is on meds now! She hasn't gained much and to see her still is such a sad sight but she's fighting hard!! Im attaching pics of her (BEWARE IF YOU CANT HANDLE SAD PHOTOS!) I wanted to share her story with everyone even though she is not mine ( we adopted Ruby from the rescue and picked her up the day we dropped Trinity off, sucked as now the rescue has 1 more mouth to feed but are SOOOOO happy they are getting to help her!) I will try to post some pics as she starts to regain her health right now she doesn't look much better then the pics but she's feeling Waaaaay better these days!! Thanks for reading!1
ee19b532.jpg

972b2d59.jpg

(She will not be available for adoption for a very loooooong time and they do not ship outside the province of BC incase someone was wanting to inquire!)

RubysMomma

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks Tastiger I actually do not have her she is at a Rescue I own a beardie named Ruby and she is in very good health, this rescue has nursed quiet a few back to health so I think they have a handle on it! I didn't feel it was fair for me to keep her as I have never nursed a beardie back to health and wanted to make sure she had the Best care possible!!

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
I'm in utter disbelief that she's survived, she's definitely a fighter. She's already survived hell, I feel in my heart she's going to get healthy. I'm so glad and relieved you and your family did the right thing for her. Thank you for sharing her story, I'm looking forward to seeing her updates.

-Kaleen

RubysMomma

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks Kaleen! We are hoping she keeps fighting it's been over 2wks now and they can't see a weight gain yet but everyday she eats and stays alive is another day she gets stronger (hopefully!) they don't handle her right now so it will be interesting to see her personality when she's stronger who knows how much attention she got previously!

dragonlover3

Sub-Adult Member
OMG, I'm just shedding tears! I've never seen any creature that starved, the poor little bit! That is so sickening! How in God's name could this guy allow this to happen?...I'm not violent but I'd make an exception for this guy and beat him severely about his head and body! There's a special place in hell for that creep! That poor little dragon! :cry:

You are amazing to go get her and take her to a rescue! I hope she can get better and healthy. I will be following this thread and hoping for good news.
Bless you for rescuing her from a sure death! At least now she is cared for and has a chance! I'm glad she's a fighter, she'll need to be! One of my grandaughters is named Trinity, {her twin brother is Troy}. I'm taking that as a good omen for that sweet little dragon!
All good blessings and healing thoughts to Trinity!
Amanda

RubysMomma

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks DragonLover3. Here's to hoping. She is remaining consisitent do we are just waiting to see if she starts gaining (she is still skin and bones but looks better now that she's properly hydrated!!) I don't understand it either.... He had her since 2004 you'd think he'd be attached but no seems the longer people own their poor pets the less they care!! Sickening really!! I will totally keep everyone up to date as she progresses. For now we are just crossing our do get she doesn't have a ton of trauma to her organs so she can live!! (been working on my hubby already that of she pulls through I may want to adopt her!! Hes sticking to his guns about only having 1 tank but I'm working on it!!)

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
One tank is just not enough. Tell your hubby at least you are not like some of us on here with 9 tanks of various reptiles...LOL

RubysMomma

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
LOL ShannyBeard! Yeah we have Ruby a jack russel named Rowdie and 2 kids and I do daycare so I understand where he's coming from lol!!

RubysMomma

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well the rescue says her prognosis still isn't looking good she's been at the rescue for 3 weeks now and still is only eating a little bit each day! If the rescue tries to force feed her she goes off food, so they are now just allowing her to take her own time eating but if she doesnt pick up the pace in the eating department it doesn't look good!! Poor girl!! Poor rescue too they just feel so badly that they can't just wave a wand and make her better (as I'm sure we ALL wish we could do!!). Soooo sad such a pretty girl is soooo sick!! The rescue thought for sure she was gonna bounce back and she's still alive and eating soooo let's just cross our fingers and hope that she finds the strength to pull through!!!

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
Have they taken her in to see a reptile vet? It may be helpful to have a subcutaneous injection of electrolytes to give her a boost.

dragonlover3

Sub-Adult Member
RubysMomma":1nzvqupt said:
Well the rescue says her prognosis still isn't looking good she's been at the rescue for 3 weeks now and still is only eating a little bit each day! If the rescue tries to force feed her she goes off food, so they are now just allowing her to take her own time eating but if she doesnt pick up the pace in the eating department it doesn't look good!! Poor girl!! Poor rescue too they just feel so badly that they can't just wave a wand and make her better (as I'm sure we ALL wish we could do!!). Soooo sad such a pretty girl is soooo sick!! The rescue thought for sure she was gonna bounce back and she's still alive and eating soooo let's just cross our fingers and hope that she finds the strength to pull through!!!

When 2 of my rescues were so sick they couldn't/didn't eat, I syringe fed them 2 and 3 times a day so they didn't loose weight or deteriorate further.
It seems even if she goes off food herself for a while she would be getting more nutrition if she was fed rather than the little bit she eats on her own.
I wish was closer, I'd volunteer to feed her 2 or 3 times a day for a while.
Please don't misunderstand me! I think the rescue that took her is wonderful! Just brain stormin' wishing I could help that poor little dragon!
Amanda

RubysMomma

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
She has been to the vet the day they did the fecal she went in. Don't know what was actually done. This rescue dotes on their reptiles like they were children they try everything to get their little critters better! She doesn't take to the syringe feeding well rescue said if they try she gets very stressed and doesn't do well when they try and that's why they've backed off a bit. It's a catch 22 really let ER eat on her own and hope she's getting enough to help her through this and gain it back (slowly as it may be going) OR stress her out soooo bad from syringe feedings that she dies from pure stress. (please keep in mind there is No knowing how much she got handled and doesn't seem to Want to be handled). I believe this rescue is doing ALL they can (the rescue is run out of this ladies house and she is there Almost 24/7 she cares for the animals Herself NOT staff so she gets the best care All day long!! Right now she is her only animal that Isn't eating so the recur lady is trying everything she can!! It really is a wait and see thing with Trinity, I believe she will pull through on pure determination I think she's like the rest of us women we do things on our own time lol. I will keep updating on her progress I check in with the rescue every couple of days to see how she's doing and will be seeing the lady on Saturday at a Reptile Rescue Event and will chat more about the specifics of Trinitys health!

dragonlover3

Sub-Adult Member
It is so wonderful that the rescue lady took her in and is trying to save her, I think she is awesome :!: ......I'm sure she is doing all she can!
Sorry if it sounded like I thought she wasn't, I didn't mean it like that :!: ....just meant wishing I could help because the little bit had so
touched my heart. I know she is doing everything she can. I think rescuers are saints with a special place in the ever after! It's a lot of
work and caring to rehabilitate these poor little dragons! Bless Her for giving of herself to help poor little Trinity! :love5:
Amanda

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
To add to what Amanda said, because I had the same thought about syringe feeding and I think it would help, but I do understand the worry. The rescue that I had didn't want to be syringe fed either. It's been stressful to me trying to help him and get the right nutrients in him when he struggles with me. But I did it anyhow. I didn't pin him down and force food down his throat by any means, but I did keep trying little teeny bits at a time several times a day, every day.

For my rescue it was lights on before anyone else, and lights off after everyone else. Poor sleepy guy! But I needed that extra time to try and get food in him, so that's what I did. Some days didn't go as well as others. I would see people on here who would syring feed their beardie 5mL and 10mL at a time and I could barely get my rescue to eat 0.5mL to 1.0mL. I just kept on with my little bit of food. He has gained weight slowly, but he is very happy and doing well. I never pushed him to aggrivation, I just gave him little bits at a time. I think every little teeny bit helps and they get used to the handling.

But it is really hard. Trinity is very critical looking and I know you don't want to cause any harm by forcing her to do anything. It's so hard to figure out what is the best for them. I really hope she pulls through, for her sake and for the sake of everyone who has put their hearts on the line to take care of her.

RubysMomma

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks!! Yeah they are trying everything they can for her. I'm surprised every that she is still alive as I didnt even think she was gonna make the drive to the rescue! She does syringe feed her as well as Trinity eating on her own but she tries Really hard not to stress her and from what I understand she is a bit fiesty when being syringe fed that's why she has been trying to let her eat on her own. Thanks for all you care and compassion when it comes to Trinitys story! Its been awful to see!! I don't think most that look the (and were not cared for) way she was make it honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom