Trinity SAD PHOTOS BEWARE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all I wanted to post these pics of (Newly named) Trintiy she is at a rescue here in British Columbia (canada) and here is her story I still can't believe she is still alive!!

I emailed someone on craigslist as we were getting our new beardie (from the same rescue that currently has Trinity) I was quick to text (as he left his #) and he responded pretty quick his ad read Reptile/Fish Tank he gave the dimensions and and his number that was ALL! So upon texting he informed me there was a beardie currently living in his tank (could not see it from the pic he sent looked like a tank full of drift wood) so I (being a curious george) asked for a pic of the beardie and what I got I could NEVER have even Imagined!! She (we think she is a she but she's soooooo badly malnourished you can't tell!) He told me he has had her since 2004 but never knew if it was male or female and that It (as he always referred to her as) had no name! I quickly sent the pics to my friend that owns the rescue and she told me to go pick her up but ask to pay less for the tank (as I still needed the tank and considering there was a beardie in there he was asking Waaaaay below asking price for such a large tank!) so off I went with my heat pack and towel to go get this Very Sick beardie! When I saw the tank i was in SHOCK! There were small pieces of Lego in there there was No food to be seen or water of any sort just a dried up dish with nothing in it! She was on sand and she had sand caked in her beard on her vent and stuck to her feet! There was even a poop with a balloon in it (YIKES!!!!) I just couldn't imagine how she had survived since 2004 obviously at some point he had cared right? He had the right lighting and calcium so its just plain old Starvation and Dehydration that was killing her! Several times on our drive to the rescue she I could have sworn she had passed but all of a sudden we got within 10mins of the rescue (she was over an hour away where she lived) she opened her eyes and sat up! Long story short she is still alive and is hunting and eating All on her own!! Its been 2 weeks and she seems to be doing well she was loaded with parasites but is on meds now! She hasn't gained much and to see her still is such a sad sight but she's fighting hard!! Im attaching pics of her (BEWARE IF YOU CANT HANDLE SAD PHOTOS!) I wanted to share her story with everyone even though she is not mine ( we adopted Ruby from the rescue and picked her up the day we dropped Trinity off, sucked as now the rescue has 1 more mouth to feed but are SOOOOO happy they are getting to help her!) I will try to post some pics as she starts to regain her health right now she doesn't look much better then the pics but she's feeling Waaaaay better these days!! Thanks for reading!1
ee19b532.jpg

972b2d59.jpg

(She will not be available for adoption for a very loooooong time and they do not ship outside the province of BC incase someone was wanting to inquire!)

PumpkinJelly

Sub-Adult Member
WOW! She does look better! In the first pictures she was very wrinkled and she was basically just a skeleton. Now she's got a little layer of something other than bone and skin on her! PLEASE do tell the rescue lady that I said she's done a great job & to keep up the good work. She's truly a good bearded dragon owner. But I understand how she wouldn't see the difference. I mean, it took me three months to realize how big Fiz had gotten since the day I got him to that present day. Yesterday I hadn't even realized that Fiz wasn't 10 inches any more, but almost 11 1/2 inches! You definitely don't see the differences when you see them everyday. Oh my gosh I love the stubby snout. They're so cute!

Oh I hope your husband agrees to take her when she recovers (I'm confident she will recover). She's so sweet looking! :D

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
If you want the thread moved you can PM a moderator, but it IS also a beardie tale! I am hoping Trinity's tale will be a long one. :D

RubysMomma

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks :) I'm not too worried about getting it moved just realized that there was a "rescue" forum by itself but your right it is a beardie tale too :D I passed on everyone's appreciation for all shes doing for Trinity she enjoyed hearing how everyone thought she looked better!

TheDragonKeepers

Sub-Adult Member
What a tough little cookie. She's got a long way to go yet, but clearly she has strength of spirit - already her tail and muscle structure has improved, and as she's eating on her own, that's wonderful news :)

It will take time, but I agree that you should keep faith in her :)

RubysMomma

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks TheDragonsKeeper We are holding on to our hope of her making it!! Its nice to know so many people care :)

Bwalter

Sub-Adult Member
Thats just sad. so wonder she wasn't dead. She was so skinny.......... I hate people like that. My girl gets everything she needs before me, just like my horse or dog. If you can't take care of it, find a home before it dies. I see horses like that every day because people dot know how to take care of animals.

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
This is great news, she looks great what a big improvement! She's hydrated and starting to put on some weight. She has a lot of fight in her, she lived through hell, now she wants to live the good life for a long while!! You should adopt her when she's ready to be rehomed!!! hahaha Afterall you saved her from that horrifying life, and gave her a much needed second chance.

-Kaleen

RubysMomma

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hahaha Kaleen I'm trying to work on my hubby to get her when she's ready (gonna be a while) we shall see. Hubby isnt really into having lots of tanks and says "i know u if I let u, u'd have 20 tanks with all kinds of creatures around our house!" lol he's totally right!! So we will see what happens :)

RubysMomma

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well Stopped by the rescue today to see Miss Trinity today!! She was 137g when she came in and today was 157g so she's making good progress! Last weekend marked 1 month since she came in!! I can't believe it I watched her today glass surf after I held her! She's still skin and bones but doing so well! Crazy to see she doesn't even have any signs of MBD or anything! Felt weird to hold her as Ruby has gained sooooo much over the last month and is really beefing up here at home and Trinity was light as air!! She sure can flare up Jet Black when shes P.O'd WOW!! Fiesty little thing she is!! So now its just getting her to continue gaining!! There has been talk of a foster home so we shall see whg happens!! Go Trinity Go keep Gaining!!! Got a visit with Sultan a Savannah Monitor too love him to teeny tiny pieces!! Big gentle giant he is!!

dragonlover3

Sub-Adult Member
That is just great new she is improving and doing much better....glass surfing, good for her! I'm rooting for her.
Thank you for the updates on her! She has touched a lot of hearts here! Go Trinity GO! :love5:
Amanda

RubysMomma

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks Amanda i can't believe it's been a month Already!! It really made the rescue lady feel better to see this gain because she doesn't see it when u look at her (poor lady has been trying Everything to get her to eat!)

Skira

Just a thought.. if you still have the previous owners number maybe you could send him a text message with a link to this thread, so that he can see what he's done and read what others thought about it. But then again maybe he wont care :angry5: . I just don't understand how he could not have noticed or done anything about her weight... I just don't get it. As the OP said, even her kids could see there was something wrong..

Anyway I'm glad you discovered her and I'm glad she is in good hands now.

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
EPIC! That is a nice weight gain for a bearded dragon in her condition in one month. I would be very pleased with that progress if she were in my care. I love hearing about the glass dancing and the black beard. My rescue Papa black beards some, too, and I think it's a sign of their fighting spirit and desire to survive. I'm always looking for an update on this thread. I wish I could take Trinity when she is ready for a forever home, but of course I live too far away! LOL! I hope that whoever takes her will be urged to come on this site and register and keep this thread updated.

This is such great news this morning. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom