Trinity SAD PHOTOS BEWARE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all I wanted to post these pics of (Newly named) Trintiy she is at a rescue here in British Columbia (canada) and here is her story I still can't believe she is still alive!!

I emailed someone on craigslist as we were getting our new beardie (from the same rescue that currently has Trinity) I was quick to text (as he left his #) and he responded pretty quick his ad read Reptile/Fish Tank he gave the dimensions and and his number that was ALL! So upon texting he informed me there was a beardie currently living in his tank (could not see it from the pic he sent looked like a tank full of drift wood) so I (being a curious george) asked for a pic of the beardie and what I got I could NEVER have even Imagined!! She (we think she is a she but she's soooooo badly malnourished you can't tell!) He told me he has had her since 2004 but never knew if it was male or female and that It (as he always referred to her as) had no name! I quickly sent the pics to my friend that owns the rescue and she told me to go pick her up but ask to pay less for the tank (as I still needed the tank and considering there was a beardie in there he was asking Waaaaay below asking price for such a large tank!) so off I went with my heat pack and towel to go get this Very Sick beardie! When I saw the tank i was in SHOCK! There were small pieces of Lego in there there was No food to be seen or water of any sort just a dried up dish with nothing in it! She was on sand and she had sand caked in her beard on her vent and stuck to her feet! There was even a poop with a balloon in it (YIKES!!!!) I just couldn't imagine how she had survived since 2004 obviously at some point he had cared right? He had the right lighting and calcium so its just plain old Starvation and Dehydration that was killing her! Several times on our drive to the rescue she I could have sworn she had passed but all of a sudden we got within 10mins of the rescue (she was over an hour away where she lived) she opened her eyes and sat up! Long story short she is still alive and is hunting and eating All on her own!! Its been 2 weeks and she seems to be doing well she was loaded with parasites but is on meds now! She hasn't gained much and to see her still is such a sad sight but she's fighting hard!! Im attaching pics of her (BEWARE IF YOU CANT HANDLE SAD PHOTOS!) I wanted to share her story with everyone even though she is not mine ( we adopted Ruby from the rescue and picked her up the day we dropped Trinity off, sucked as now the rescue has 1 more mouth to feed but are SOOOOO happy they are getting to help her!) I will try to post some pics as she starts to regain her health right now she doesn't look much better then the pics but she's feeling Waaaaay better these days!! Thanks for reading!1
ee19b532.jpg

972b2d59.jpg

(She will not be available for adoption for a very loooooong time and they do not ship outside the province of BC incase someone was wanting to inquire!)

dragonlover3

Sub-Adult Member
RubysMomma":313n23i0 said:
Amanda in Beardie Tales Ruby has a "blog" if u will called Ruby's Life (pics and day to day with Ruby!) I put up a new pic today of her "sleeping" (I woke her up) so she has her cranky face on lol but u can see how big her belly is getting!!

Thanks Brandon she's an amazing dragon when u see her it's hard to believe she's still alive!!

Ruby is Gorgeous! I guess I didn't realize she was the other beardie.. I forget to look at user names... :roll: ...senior moments :lol:
Amanda

RubysMomma

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hey all not too much to report (don't want my post getting closed as I still want to be able to update everyone on Trinitys progress!) SHe is still doing well very active and Very skinny still!! We are allowing her to take food on her terms as she has More then enough energy to move al around her tank and hunt when she wants to, but her gain is slow we don't want to force her ( I say we because I check on her constantly and the rescue and I have had MANY conversations about her lol) but she is still gaining and although its hard to see I Do see her getting better! She eats what she's given but has had her "bad" days when it comes to eating. She's very sweet and doesn't mind being handled at all its frustrating that she doesn't gain faster :banghead: but the rescue is doing all they can for her!! Hubby is standing firm on the 1 tank rule :angry5: but we will see maybe if she's just "fostering" he will make an allowance I haven't stopped trying to bring her home but the rescue wants to see more improvement before allowing her out of the rescue (she would feel horrible if we moved her and her system couldn't handle it and she passed after all this effort) she's in a quiet area of the rescue and is hanging in there!! Just wanted to give u all a quick update to let u know she's still with us and still fighting funny through all this she has NO signs what so ever of MBD go figure, but GREAT news as well lol!!

Amanda hahaha its all good Rubys is my little fatty and I had planned on adopting her before we found Trinity and I felt as a first time beardie owner (with little kids here at home) it was best for her to go to someone knowledgable who could help her and so we stuck with the plan and the rescue took Trinity and we took Ruby we love her to pieces (just today caught hubby giving her a snuggle and all i hear is "you better come take her she's snuggled in and I'm falling asleep" by the time i got my camera to take a pic of them he had moved her to hand her to me she was snuggled up by his face body on his bicep (his hand was under his head bicep by his face) and she was super comfy looking and he told me she had made her own way there, as last i had seen she was on his pillow trying to make her way to the back of the couch to see out her window lol) so she's got it pretty good here lol! The male Ruby was brought into the rescue with (owner was legally forced to surrender) Garnet just got adopted this week we are sooooo happy to see him go to his new home! However 1 more took his place when a man surrendered his "friends" beardie :( sucks soooooo bad Beardies are probably the #2 reptile surrendered to this rescue the #1 is Ball Pythons!!

dragonlover3

Sub-Adult Member
Hi RubysMomma,
That is wonderful news on little Trinity. I'm so glad she's still progressing though it may be slow. You are wonderful for keeping us updated on her. I know she has a spot in my heart and I'm sure many others as well. And the rescue lady working with her is just awesome, too!
That is funny about your hubby. We got 2 rescues, Talon and Moya, in August last year, pretty sick, needed lots of care for months. Then I saw # 5 and #8 up for adoption on this forum from HowlinGaleDragons in December when Nicole rescued those several dragons. I fell in love with them on first site, told my husband I had found 2 just adorable little dragons who needed us. At first he said he thought the 2 we have were enough. They were still recovering and we both were still spending much time a day syringe feeding and caring for them, {we're retired}, as well considerable money for multiple vet visits and meds. A few days later I pulled up #5's and #8's photos from Nicole's rescue thread and left them on his screen. He saw them and said "Those 2 are cute little beardies" I told him they were the 2 juvie's needing to be adopted to a good home and we could give them a great home. Then he looked at me and said " You play dirty, you didn't have to show me their pictures. How much are they and what do we have to do to adopt them" :blob5: :laughhard: ....we adopted them, adding Zhaan and Dargo to our family....my hubby is a push over for a little beardie face in need :D
When ever my hubby takes a nap he has one or the other of our 4 dragons snoozing with him in his recliner. :lol:
Ruby is a gorgeous girl. She's fortunate to have you for her keeper. People who don't have beardies don't have a clue what sweet and wonderful creatures they are.
Amanda

RubysMomma

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Amanda

Yeah its totally true before I got Ruby I had NEVER met a friendly dragon weird eh? All the ones I had met were either juvies at pet stores (jumpy and feisty as they were probably never held) or a couple friends had them and never really gave them attention either. Before I met the rescue I got Ruby from I never would have guessed I'd own a dragon (always been more of a gecko kinda girl). Actually when I first met the rescue I had told them if they got in a leo or an AFT or a Uro Mali I would LOVE to adopt it then went home and couldn't stop thinking of Ruby! Then came in Trinity and she's just so darn passionate about life I mean to be That skinny and still glass dance to come out i mean really? Thats some real zest for life if you ask me! I Love beardie personalities and its soooo awesome to get to see all the ones that come through the rescue and how different they are! :blob8: :blob5: thanks for all the positive feedback about Trinity the rescue loves knowing there are others out there that care as much as we do :D

RubysMomma

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
WOW TRINITY IS A BOY!!!!! So he's finally gained enough weight and we can tell now its a BOY!!! so guess its time for a new Name!! we are going to be brain storming over the next little while to come up with the Perfect name for him :D I still can't believe it lol!!

KristenT

Juvie Member
I've been following ... erm... the little BOY'S story. Boy.. .wow. Did NOT see that one comming! lol
So awesome! Glad he's doing better and better!

RubysMomma

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Kristen HAHAHAHA neither did we lol!! We r thinking of naming him Ziven (Zee Vehn) is means Alive! We will see gonna try it on for size! He's gettin better and Getting some meat on his bones!!! We r soooo glad he's been such a fighter!

Flynnthedragon

Hatchling Member
omg poor thing :( its people like this that need to be put down and taken off this planet :( ship them off to mars i dont care, Dont see how ANYONE could treat any living thing like that. Thank you for rescueing her. the first pics actaully brought tears to my eyes :( and the last few pics you posted... wow.. you could really tell shes better and im glad she is slowly getting better. She or He i didnt really read the last page :p
Cant wait to see him/her all healthy and fat with some meat on those bones! :) As soon as i win the lottery ill be buying a rescue for reptiles now lol!

RubysMomma

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Amanda - yup that was a twist!! I haven't seen him in 2wks and the rescue was telling e yesterday you can Totally tell now he's gained weight! I will get a new pic when I'm there next Friday to grab my bug order!
FlynntheDragon - it was awful but he's in good hands now (we thought it was a She but turns out she is a he so we are working on a name change!) we r soooo happy to see some improvement Finally!! Hopefully this nice weight change will mean he's on the fast track now!!

Flynnthedragon

Hatchling Member
its worse enough seeing dogs on tv like that. I can definitely tell he is in really good hands. You could just shorten the name to Trint :) Sounds a bit weird. Would love to see more pics as he gets better when or if you are able to/want to :) When i was researching beardies I saw so many on craigslist, Now i wonder how many of those were in horrible homes :( Most of the pics they looked very fat and healthy but never know. My next beardy will be a rescue for sure though!

RubysMomma

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
FlynntheDragon - yeah its pretty nasty I have read A Lot of stories of CL rescues that were on deaths door so not all are so fat usually the ones without pics are the neglected ones if your wondering just email the person and ask for a photo! I still have the original pics he sent me of him saying "It's always been on the skinny side" they owned him for All these years and never even knew if it was male or female they always referred to him as IT! Its gonna be soooo fun to see how his personality emerges as he starts to feel better!

ShannyBeard - Hahaha no kidding eh?

I will be posting a new pic next Friday when I go there to get my bug order Im SURE he will look Very different!

TheDragonKeepers

Sub-Adult Member
Yes, please, pictures a definite must this time. :p

Congrats on being able to ID at last - that's even better news. He'll be quite behind in maturing due to the malnutrition, so it'll be interesting/exciting to see how he responds when the hormones hit! :)

What weight is he up to now?

RubysMomma

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I doubt he's behind on maturing as he's 7yrs old and I'm sure at some point they took care of him in order for him to have survived this long. But I'm sure his hormones will really kick in this season as he starts to feel better. I'm not sure of his exact weight I will have them weigh her Friday when I take the Pics :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom