Trinity SAD PHOTOS BEWARE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all I wanted to post these pics of (Newly named) Trintiy she is at a rescue here in British Columbia (canada) and here is her story I still can't believe she is still alive!!

I emailed someone on craigslist as we were getting our new beardie (from the same rescue that currently has Trinity) I was quick to text (as he left his #) and he responded pretty quick his ad read Reptile/Fish Tank he gave the dimensions and and his number that was ALL! So upon texting he informed me there was a beardie currently living in his tank (could not see it from the pic he sent looked like a tank full of drift wood) so I (being a curious george) asked for a pic of the beardie and what I got I could NEVER have even Imagined!! She (we think she is a she but she's soooooo badly malnourished you can't tell!) He told me he has had her since 2004 but never knew if it was male or female and that It (as he always referred to her as) had no name! I quickly sent the pics to my friend that owns the rescue and she told me to go pick her up but ask to pay less for the tank (as I still needed the tank and considering there was a beardie in there he was asking Waaaaay below asking price for such a large tank!) so off I went with my heat pack and towel to go get this Very Sick beardie! When I saw the tank i was in SHOCK! There were small pieces of Lego in there there was No food to be seen or water of any sort just a dried up dish with nothing in it! She was on sand and she had sand caked in her beard on her vent and stuck to her feet! There was even a poop with a balloon in it (YIKES!!!!) I just couldn't imagine how she had survived since 2004 obviously at some point he had cared right? He had the right lighting and calcium so its just plain old Starvation and Dehydration that was killing her! Several times on our drive to the rescue she I could have sworn she had passed but all of a sudden we got within 10mins of the rescue (she was over an hour away where she lived) she opened her eyes and sat up! Long story short she is still alive and is hunting and eating All on her own!! Its been 2 weeks and she seems to be doing well she was loaded with parasites but is on meds now! She hasn't gained much and to see her still is such a sad sight but she's fighting hard!! Im attaching pics of her (BEWARE IF YOU CANT HANDLE SAD PHOTOS!) I wanted to share her story with everyone even though she is not mine ( we adopted Ruby from the rescue and picked her up the day we dropped Trinity off, sucked as now the rescue has 1 more mouth to feed but are SOOOOO happy they are getting to help her!) I will try to post some pics as she starts to regain her health right now she doesn't look much better then the pics but she's feeling Waaaaay better these days!! Thanks for reading!1
ee19b532.jpg

972b2d59.jpg

(She will not be available for adoption for a very loooooong time and they do not ship outside the province of BC incase someone was wanting to inquire!)

PumpkinJelly

Sub-Adult Member
OH MY GOSH!

POOR TRINITY!

Oh my gosh THANK YOU so much for rescuing her. You are amazing for doing this. Words cannot describe my admiration for you.

Trinity looks terrible, but it's good to know she's on meds and in good hands. Poor baby, she's so sick. She seems like she'd be a real sweetie pie. I think that once she puts on some weight, she'll be a pretty little beardie.

Please keep updating on her progress, I'd love to see this little trooper grow into a healthy beardie. I have a good feeling that Trinity will get better, I just know it.

It's such a shame what people do to their animals. Not even halfway to the point of Trinity getting like this, her previous owner should of stopped and thought to themselves "Wow, this thing is skinny. Maybe I should get it some food". It's disgusting what people do to their animals. Trinity is probably the sweetest little thing you ever would meet, and someone just neglects her like that. It's horrible, and just overall unacceptable.

Good luck with her, I am very, very confident in Trinity's recovery.

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
OMG that is the worst thing I have ever seen. That is so sad. I hope she survives, I can only imagine any kinds of organ damage that could happen from such neglect and starvation. Good luck with her, I hope you can keep us updated on how she recovers. :shock: :love5:

RubysMomma

Hatchling Member
Original Poster

She seems sweet but it takes all her energy to hunt and eat she does eat her salads and she hunts on her own so thats a bonus! I talked to the rescue this am and seems she is going to the Bearded Dragon Whisperer lol as the rescue calls she she Fosters beardies for this rescue and has had a lot of success in rehabilitating them! (She was fostering Ruby before I got her!). The rescue is doing amazing with her and I was glad I could find her and get her to the right people to help her!! (We had thought about keeping her ourselves but we are first time beardie owners and didn't think that would be fair to her or our kids, if she didn't make it I would have always wondered what could have been if she had gone to someone more knowledgeable in rehabilitating beardies and we didn't want our kids 1st beardie experience to be a sad one if she hadn't made it!) I will keep updating on how she is doing but its still about 50/50 that she will make it as you never know what damage was done to her organs from starvation as ShannyBeard pointed out! But I think she's a tough cookie and will pull through!!

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
How did you not beat that guy? I don't know how anyone could look at this poor girl everyday and think nothing of it. People make me sick.

PumpkinJelly

Sub-Adult Member
lauraj1055":1f1vxph7 said:
How did you not beat that guy? I don't know how anyone could look at this poor girl everyday and think nothing of it. People make me sick.

Oh my gosh! I'm usually a quiet person, and it takes a lot to get me angry. I'm really young too, so I would be quite a sight to see a girl like me screaming at some dude. I literally would've flipped out. And then burst into tears afterward for what the person had done to Trinity.

That's good that she's going to someone who is better equipped to handle beardies in this condition. Could you request pictures from her of Trinity every so often? I'm really interested in what Trinity will become :D Because I'm confident she'll live.

I can see why she's pigging out on her salads and buggies. These simple things must be delegacies for poor Trinity! She's a good little girl, she'll beef up, i know it!

StaceysBuddy

Juvie Member
Omg.. I wanna cry, that's so sad. But at least there is a happy ending :D

I would love to see updated photos and see progression. I can't believe that some people can have no feelings, it makes me sick. My beardie is like my baby, I couldn't imagine mine being that sick (hungry..) and not doing anything about it.

Thanks for rescuing her!!

RubysMomma

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
My WONDERFUL hubby went in for me I would have freaked! His exact words to me where "you stay here I can't afford a scene and dont want to have to knock this guy out because you were freaking out!" so I stayed in the van the guy helped my hubby carry the tank out and then hubby went back in and got trinity for me! I couldn't believe what I was seeing when he put her in my lap! My kids were even asking if she was dead! (they are 2 1/2yrs and 5yrs old and They knew!). I will absolutely ask for updated pics of her (they will be taking them for their website!) I'm friends with the rescue owner so won't be hard!! I just couldn't believe this guys answer to me asking "has she always been this skinny?" his answer was "it's always been on the smaller side!" I was freakig. When I read that because then how has she survived??? Pure determination on her part!!

PumpkinJelly

Sub-Adult Member
She's a fighter. That's what she is.

Do you have a link to the website? By any chance do they have any other rescue beardies such as before/after pictures? I love to see before/after pictures of animals. It makes me feel better knowing there are some good people out there who actually care.

RubysMomma

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
They don't have before and afters of any other animals just a pic of who's up for adoption most animals they get don't look this bad just mostly owner surrenders. Their website is reptilerescuerichmond.org

Infowars

lauraj1055":2n9u4149 said:

How sad :( :( :( :(
My first thought was for that poor beardie, my next thought was how I wanted to jack up that dirtbag..... I aint proud that I react that way , but darn - sometimes it is called for :banghead:

Infowars

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ok, slowly backing out of this thread now.

THANK YOU for taking her some place to be cared for.
I am going to look to see if there is a Beardie rescue around me. I have pretty limited room, but I have time to donate, and I LOVE bearded dragons !!!!!!!!

RubysMomma

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Its sad for sure I have no idea how people do this either!! I'm a first time beardie mom and I have driven to 3 different stores to get all the items I need for salads!!!! I get excited when I find dandelion leaves (like i did today) I just have no idea how someone could do this either!!

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
be careful feeding her too much protein. it would actually be best to feed her veggies now and slowly ween her back on to protein you dont want to overload her system. i had a rescue, Rocky, that was even worse than she is and i had to be really carful not to kill him with kindness lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom