Trinity SAD PHOTOS BEWARE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all I wanted to post these pics of (Newly named) Trintiy she is at a rescue here in British Columbia (canada) and here is her story I still can't believe she is still alive!!

I emailed someone on craigslist as we were getting our new beardie (from the same rescue that currently has Trinity) I was quick to text (as he left his #) and he responded pretty quick his ad read Reptile/Fish Tank he gave the dimensions and and his number that was ALL! So upon texting he informed me there was a beardie currently living in his tank (could not see it from the pic he sent looked like a tank full of drift wood) so I (being a curious george) asked for a pic of the beardie and what I got I could NEVER have even Imagined!! She (we think she is a she but she's soooooo badly malnourished you can't tell!) He told me he has had her since 2004 but never knew if it was male or female and that It (as he always referred to her as) had no name! I quickly sent the pics to my friend that owns the rescue and she told me to go pick her up but ask to pay less for the tank (as I still needed the tank and considering there was a beardie in there he was asking Waaaaay below asking price for such a large tank!) so off I went with my heat pack and towel to go get this Very Sick beardie! When I saw the tank i was in SHOCK! There were small pieces of Lego in there there was No food to be seen or water of any sort just a dried up dish with nothing in it! She was on sand and she had sand caked in her beard on her vent and stuck to her feet! There was even a poop with a balloon in it (YIKES!!!!) I just couldn't imagine how she had survived since 2004 obviously at some point he had cared right? He had the right lighting and calcium so its just plain old Starvation and Dehydration that was killing her! Several times on our drive to the rescue she I could have sworn she had passed but all of a sudden we got within 10mins of the rescue (she was over an hour away where she lived) she opened her eyes and sat up! Long story short she is still alive and is hunting and eating All on her own!! Its been 2 weeks and she seems to be doing well she was loaded with parasites but is on meds now! She hasn't gained much and to see her still is such a sad sight but she's fighting hard!! Im attaching pics of her (BEWARE IF YOU CANT HANDLE SAD PHOTOS!) I wanted to share her story with everyone even though she is not mine ( we adopted Ruby from the rescue and picked her up the day we dropped Trinity off, sucked as now the rescue has 1 more mouth to feed but are SOOOOO happy they are getting to help her!) I will try to post some pics as she starts to regain her health right now she doesn't look much better then the pics but she's feeling Waaaaay better these days!! Thanks for reading!1
ee19b532.jpg

972b2d59.jpg

(She will not be available for adoption for a very loooooong time and they do not ship outside the province of BC incase someone was wanting to inquire!)

kcarello

Gray-bearded Member
I am so sorry to hear of Zevan's passing...it is truly wonderful that his foster mommy gave him so much love and care and he left this world realizing that we are all not bad and evil!! I'm sure he is playing happily in dragon heaven.
Hugs,
Kelly

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
RIP Zevan; I know his foster mom did her best, but sometimes rescues have issues that just can't be fixed. My Angel was like Zevan, we had her for a year and then she also had kidney issues that were undiagnosed. But she was loved for that year & I know Zevan was also loved all the time his foster mom had him. And that he knew what it was like to be a real beardie for the time she had him. He's across the Rainbow Bridge with my girls and I know he's back to good health like all our lost beardies. He'll be forever in all our hearts.

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
The progress he made was unbelievable, and the fact he got to know love, and happiness before he passed is so amazing. Thank you for doing the right thing, and to the rescue for all the love and support they gave him. His foster Mom did an impressive job and was the reason he passed knowing love and compassion. I agree his original owner should be shown the same lack of care he showed Zevan, for the same amount of time. Maybe then he'll think twice before taking part in animal abuse.

-Kaleen

RubysMomma

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks everyone as you can see his name spelling progressed along with him lol. He was Very loved and all who saw and got to know him saw his special little fighting light. Even over the last few weeks he had progressed in accepting his foster mom (might have just started being too sick to show his fight) but he let her hold him and snuggle. He was an amazing little man for what he endured and we kept saying "he now knows love and a full warm belly if he chooses to finally let go we will all try to be at peace with it" this was His choice to finally let go I believe he was hanging on to find that peace within himself and once that was fulfilled he let go!

RubysMomma

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Also thank you all for sharing your stories! Unfortunately we (I have joined the board of directors for the rescue now) have 4 others that just came in that will need his foster mom now, 2 almost as badly as Zevan did! 1 has what appears to be a nasty underbite and lumps all over her back. HIs foster mom has already said she is making space and building her enclosures for the new arrivals. Shes is heart broken by Zevans passing so may take some time but she has her other fosters (2 beardies that were there before Zevan) and her iggy and chinese water dragon to help ease the pain!

Flynnthedragon

Hatchling Member
R.I.P Zevan. He was a fighter thats for sure and he did get to feel love at least during the end of his days. In dragon heaven now though :) PLease if you havnt already give the foster mom a huge thanks for loving him and getting him healthy/healthier again :)

dragonlover3

Sub-Adult Member
Tears are dripping down my face, I'm so very glad he got to experience good care and a lot of love before he died.
Rest in Peace Sweet Trinity Zevan! I will miss you!
Amanda

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
Sad, sad, sad...sad. This makes me so sad. We can't save them all. I also believe it was organ failure, based on his history. We can't see inside of them to know, can we? I'd love to invent something that would allow us to. Would you please tell the foster Mom how sorry we all are and let her know if she needs any support she can find me on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/shannybeard - we have a good support network for rescuers and we understand what she is going through. My Facebook profile is open to anyone who rescues or has interest in bearded dragons, and if anyone needs to talk or needs support you can find me there more easily than here. ((HUGS))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom