Trinity SAD PHOTOS BEWARE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all I wanted to post these pics of (Newly named) Trintiy she is at a rescue here in British Columbia (canada) and here is her story I still can't believe she is still alive!!

I emailed someone on craigslist as we were getting our new beardie (from the same rescue that currently has Trinity) I was quick to text (as he left his #) and he responded pretty quick his ad read Reptile/Fish Tank he gave the dimensions and and his number that was ALL! So upon texting he informed me there was a beardie currently living in his tank (could not see it from the pic he sent looked like a tank full of drift wood) so I (being a curious george) asked for a pic of the beardie and what I got I could NEVER have even Imagined!! She (we think she is a she but she's soooooo badly malnourished you can't tell!) He told me he has had her since 2004 but never knew if it was male or female and that It (as he always referred to her as) had no name! I quickly sent the pics to my friend that owns the rescue and she told me to go pick her up but ask to pay less for the tank (as I still needed the tank and considering there was a beardie in there he was asking Waaaaay below asking price for such a large tank!) so off I went with my heat pack and towel to go get this Very Sick beardie! When I saw the tank i was in SHOCK! There were small pieces of Lego in there there was No food to be seen or water of any sort just a dried up dish with nothing in it! She was on sand and she had sand caked in her beard on her vent and stuck to her feet! There was even a poop with a balloon in it (YIKES!!!!) I just couldn't imagine how she had survived since 2004 obviously at some point he had cared right? He had the right lighting and calcium so its just plain old Starvation and Dehydration that was killing her! Several times on our drive to the rescue she I could have sworn she had passed but all of a sudden we got within 10mins of the rescue (she was over an hour away where she lived) she opened her eyes and sat up! Long story short she is still alive and is hunting and eating All on her own!! Its been 2 weeks and she seems to be doing well she was loaded with parasites but is on meds now! She hasn't gained much and to see her still is such a sad sight but she's fighting hard!! Im attaching pics of her (BEWARE IF YOU CANT HANDLE SAD PHOTOS!) I wanted to share her story with everyone even though she is not mine ( we adopted Ruby from the rescue and picked her up the day we dropped Trinity off, sucked as now the rescue has 1 more mouth to feed but are SOOOOO happy they are getting to help her!) I will try to post some pics as she starts to regain her health right now she doesn't look much better then the pics but she's feeling Waaaaay better these days!! Thanks for reading!1
ee19b532.jpg

972b2d59.jpg

(She will not be available for adoption for a very loooooong time and they do not ship outside the province of BC incase someone was wanting to inquire!)

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
When I saw her pictures, to be honest, I did think she would die. She just looks really bad. :(

It's not funny but it is I guess, in a way. I have cried over syringe feeding recently. I cried because I felt bad doing it, but then I had to. One thing that has helped me with it is having plenty of time. Just setting aside whatever time it takes to feed him. Sounds simple, but going really slowly helps. Just a teeny bit and then I would let him lay in my arms or on my lap just being with me for a while, then I would try a teeny bit again. Over and over and over until he backed away from the syringe. I learned his body language and it has helped him see that I am not forcing, just helping him eat.

One thing I did was blend his greens with some water until I got green liquid that I could squeeze from the greens. Then I would mix that greens juice in with baby food to thin it so it wasn't so thick in his mouth, and syringe feed him that. I think it helped him.

PumpkinJelly

Sub-Adult Member
But Shanny has a good point about taking it slow. You could tell the person to just give her tiny little spurts of food in the syringe at a time. A little food, then a little playtime or relaxing on their lap. And then a little more food, and then a little more relaxing. I think that would be the best way to get foods into her. She's in too dire shape to let her pick and choose when she wants to eat. She needs a bit more weight to get over this barrier of a situation. Hopefully she'll pull through though. I strongly believe she will. If you can survive this long in that condition, you can do anything, honestly.

TheDragonKeepers

Sub-Adult Member
Holi cannoli, that amazed me. I've seen some things, but blimey.

I wish Trinity the best of luck - the sheer fact she's made it this far is a good start.
If you can, keep us updated, and report that *coughs loudly* person for animal cruelty to the authorities.

RubysMomma

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well went by today to pick up my bug order from the rescue and couldn't help but pop in and say Hi to Trinity! Shes looking a bit better (rescue lady doesn't see it but she sees her Everyday and so the little improvements we all see when we stop by she doesn't always see!) we are all soooo amazed at the fight little girl has!! It's incredible how badly she wants to live after being soooo mistreated!! She's chasing crickets on her own and today the lady said she was even glass surfing :) I made sure to get a few pics of her today let me know what y'all think :D I think she looks like she's coming along slowly but surely it's been 3 weeks since she was rescued! So neat to see her short snout (as u dont see many of those!)
f3c68484.jpg

a387652c.jpg

69d4b86b.jpg

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
She looks SO MUCH BETTER. Be sure to tell the people at the rescue place good job and give them a hug from me. I am impressed. She looks well-hydrated and she has filled out some. She has a long way to go, true. But she is headed in the right direction. What great news to wake up to this morning. :)

RubysMomma

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks :D I was pretty happy to see her looking better as well! I still have a hard time believing that almost dead creature I picked up that day is still alive (as I had said I had thought she was dead multiple times on our drive!). She's such a strong beardie 3 weeks this seriously Emaciated beardie has survived off her sheer Will to Live! Shes getting better at being held and is eating a bit by syringe and a bit on her own (even hunting crix). Still trying to talk hubby into taking her if she makes it but he thinks Ruby is enough for our household! (we shall see us women know we always prevail hehe Just Kidding guys). ;)

dragonlover3

Sub-Adult Member
OMG! Such a great drastic improvement. Kudos to the rescue lady :notworthy:
I saw Trinity's new photos and my eyes started leaking and my face is stuck in perma-grin!
She looks so much better! This made my day!
Amanda

RubysMomma

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks Amanda! I'm glad everyone sees what I saw! I told the rescue i would let her know what everyone who saw her first pics has to say about how she's coming along she was very excited to hear what others thought as like I said sometimes when your there 24/7 you don't see the improvements!

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
NO it is true you don't see the improvements if you are there every day. Also lizards take a while to come around. I'm so happy that Trinity is hanging on and able to eat on her own. I am sure she sees the difference in us humans, that she is being cared for by people who do love her and care about her. That's so nice.

RubysMomma

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
So true! I took her from her owners in hopes she could make it but was prepared for he to just be in a warm place with a full belly when she died BUT she has this heart of a Lion that keeps her going!! I've seen reptiles in better shape then she was that haven't made it.....it's all about determination!! Her rescue said the same thing "she just has this fight in her and will to live!!!" rescue is gonna weigh her today so I will post her weight when they send it to me. :D

Kalyn876

Sub-Adult Member
Wow! I'm not sure how I missed this thread, What an amazing rescue story she is the most malnourished beardie I have seen in a while. I'm so glad she gets another shot at life :mrgreen:

The difference between the pics is amazing! Just seeing her eyes open is a great sign.

RubysMomma

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank Kalyn876 - I believe I actually posted it in the wrong forum by accident I'm still new to the site and didn't realize till after I posted that it should have gone in the rescue forum :( glad to hear you see a change too. They are doing morning chores at the rescue so I'm eagerly awaiting her new weight and her original weight :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom