Traci???

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I know this post isn't about RJ, just looking for a quick answer. RJ just ate the head of a dandelion (the yellow part) outside from the lawn area if my apartment building. I can almost gaurentee they don't spray pesticides, since the property owners are cheaspos. But is the flower itself harmful at all?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Not at all, dandelion flowers are safe to eat, especially if there are no pesticides on them. They
are very healthy! Did RJ like it then?
Ok, great. I would be very interested to see the blood test results, once you do get a test
done. Good, being mounted directly overhead, he should have full exposure to it.
How is he doing today?

Tracie

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Ya, still just laying around. I got excited for a sec, he got up on his log on his own, chilled for a few, pooped, THEN PRACTICALLY THREW HIMSELF ON THE FLOOR. Then like hobbled over to his cave and just kinda sat there with his front legs on the cave like propping himself up. It was really upsetting. I think definately something muscle or bone related. Why wouldn't he walk down the log rather than throw himself. And I'm not sure if RJ liked it, he almost had the whole flower in his mouth and i ripped it out :) then went after the remaining piece, which he wasn't .happy about. Iwas unsuccessful though, so he did get some :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is very strange I agree! It is sounding like some type of deficiency or something.
On your tube bulb, there isn't a plastic cover over the tube bulb blocking the light is there?
Just making sure, sometimes people forget to remove that plastic cover from the light fixture.
It is frustrating, trying to figure out what is going on!
Well, RJ had fun anyway, trying to rip off the entire flower! I am sure he got a good taste of it.
It doesn't sound like the plant fared too well in the end. :D

Tracie

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Yes, it's so sad watching him day in and day out. He just seems so unhappy. Considering they hide their ailments so well, my heart breaks imagening his discomfort if he just lays on the floor all day with A sleepy look on his face. He actually has his eyes half open most of the day. As if he's about to go to sleep ?

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Actually, maybe a better question is, what are all the possible issues that could effect leg function, muscle or bone? It seems his trouble is mostly in his front legs rather than his back legs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom