Traci???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

He has been grouchy? LOL They can sometimes get like that. At his age, they do tend to
slow down some, especially if they have just gone through a big growth spurt recently. At
least his weight is good & he doesn't seem to be losing weight.

Tracie

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
But he spends A LOT of time in his cave, almost two days straight recently. He appears healthy, but this behaviorrconcerns be. Did you see the part i mentioned about seeming to walk strange?

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Ok so I'm officially concerned. Unfortunately i don't know how he'll benefit from a vet visit as i don't have confidence in the vet. Took him out today and watched cleaner closely. In addition to him sort of curving his body To turn around and start walking, ( rather that walking forward and gradually turning around) it's like he's walking in slow motion. None of these things I've mentioned remotely sounds like a red flag for anything!

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I didn't know you could post videos on here. But i will tomorrow, he's in bed now. And i meant to put a question mark at the end of that last post, not and exclaimation point. I kinda thought maybe brumation, but probably too young right? He did grow pretty quick, and now has obviously slowed down due to not eating. I'm just so nervous, and feel like if none of you all can think of any issues that might be going on with the information I've given, then it's unlikely the guy that calls himself an exotic vet will know what to do

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Ok, he does seem to have some difficulty with his walking & balance. He might be developing
a calcium issue. Is your UVB light close enough & up to date now, correct?
If you aren't already giving a liquid calcium, that would probably be a good idea to start him on
that. Since he did grow rather fast, a lot of times, they utilize more calcium than what they
take in during fast growth spurts & develop calcium deficiencies.

Tracie

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I thought about that, but when he got an xray for blood in his urate, wouldn't the vet have seen something? Unfortunately the vet isn't isn't the best, so i guess, he could have missed it

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
The bulb is up to date and should be plenty close. Inside mount on a 40B tank. But we do have aluminum foil as the reflector. I got the impression a reflector is a reflector? No? I really hope it's not because of the aluminum foil, I'll just hate myself

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
So, i talked with the exotic vet at VCA (IF YOU REMEMBER I MENTIONED HE HAD A GOOD KNOWLEDGE OF REPTILES BUT ISN'T BOARD CERTIFIED) and we came up with a plan to get blood work done at Weare Animal Hospital ( where i usually go but have been seeing more and more i disagree with. Remember? The guy named Dr Dutton) because blood work is $50 less there. When i get the results, iwill bring copper in to see Dr Vetter for an exam. He says he has co-workers in other offices(VCA is like a "chain store" and i guess they have one in Mass, which i never knew, it's like 2 hrs away but if the person is good, it's worth it) that are far more knowledgeable and after the exam and looking at the blood work, he could call and pick the guys brain. After that, if need be, i will take Copper to the person in Mass.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Well, things can be missed on the x-rays. Do you happen to have a copy of the last blood
test that I could look over?
I don't think that using foil as a reflector would have diminished the UVB output. Have you
measured the UVB with a meter at all? The tube bulb is mounted directly overhead, correct?
How is Copper doing today?

Tracie

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
He hasn't had blood work before. Iwill share it when i get it done. Also trying to get a copy of last xray. Yes mounted over head. He's still just laying in the floor. Got him to eat one roach, i assume because he didn't realize what it was, and three wax worms to get done calcium and multi in him. He will eat calcium worms here and there though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom