Wondering if Harry has hermaphroditism?

Asper

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Harry
Harry's sex has been debated since before I've even got her! Which is why she is named Harry, haha!

She has never ever been gravid, but her outwards sex characteristics are that of a typical female bearded dragon.

She is also definitely on the larger size, being just a bit over 20in and just weighed in at 561.

It's interesting to wonder if this is even a possibility with bearded dragons?

Just some late night rambling from me, sorry for such a long absence I forgot my password 😅

ChileanTaco

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Taco
I'd be pretty sure having some characteristics that are between genders, or just infertility, can happen in any species. It's even seen in much simpler animals such as insects, usually not that pronounced that there is really a mix of two reproductive systems, or an appearance of the one but organs of the other, but often more subtle, like hormone levels or receptors not reacting to hormones.
So I cannot show any proof that exactly hermaphrodism happened in exactly a bearded dragon, but in general, animals with both male and female characteristics, or just the reproductive systems are not working, aren't uncommon.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Possible but not likely. What do you mean by outward sex characteristics though ? Can you post pics with her tail arched up high while she is flat on a table or bed ? Arch the tail up to a position similar to a dog's tail when they are excited.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom