Where to place UVB tube in terrarium

ownedbyP

Beardie name(s)
P
Hi again. I need some help with placement of my new tube in the terrarium.

The measurements are 100x60x60. I have no way of currently changing it for bigger - She is currently sick in quarantine care and also, coming by big enclosures is difficult here. When she is doing better i will take that step starting to look into custom enclosures but for now i just need you guys best advice for what i have to work with.

I bought the Arcadia Pro T5 kit 12% UVB / 570mm/24W and i need some advice as to how i should hang it. Theres a metal grill through the long middle of the top of my terrarium.
How do i best angle and place this tube for most optimal use and best outcome for my dragon? If you could mark the placement on my first picture that would be awesome. I would like to see the setup you have from your dragons with similar light too, please.

Attachments

• FA94F5E7-E913-4538-A443-FDD296098716.jpeg
    FA94F5E7-E913-4538-A443-FDD296098716.jpeg
    189.9 KB · Views: 33
  • 8C24833D-4302-4650-891F-C0BCEB7E1190.jpeg
    8C24833D-4302-4650-891F-C0BCEB7E1190.jpeg
    242.2 KB · Views: 26

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi again. I need some help with placement of my new tube in the terrarium.

The measurements are 100x60x60. I have no way of currently changing it for bigger - She is currently sick in quarantine care and also, coming by big enclosures is difficult here. When she is doing better i will take that step starting to look into custom enclosures but for now i just need you guys best advice for what i have to work with.

I bought the Arcadia Pro T5 kit 12% UVB / 570mm/24W and i need some advice as to how i should hang it. Theres a metal grill through the long middle of the top of my terrarium.
How do i best angle and place this tube for most optimal use and best outcome for my dragon? If you could mark the placement on my first picture that would be awesome. I would like to see the setup you have from your dragons with similar light too, please.
You have a wide hole screen so you can leave it on top but get your basking decor directly under it 8-10 inches -- I am using a 24" fixture w/ the 12% bulb on a stainless screen - mine are in the tank approx 12 inches directly above the basking decor piece - w/ Blazes case he has sight issues so his has no decor piece under it and he sits on the floor under it -- the pic posted is how his used to be set up but once i discovered he was having sight issues the rock under the UVB was moved toward the back and UVB lowered

Attachments

• Blaze tank 9-13-2021.jpg
    Blaze tank 9-13-2021.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 18

ownedbyP

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
P
You have a wide hole screen so you can leave it on top but get your basking decor directly under it 8-10 inches -- I am using a 24" fixture w/ the 12% bulb on a stainless screen - mine are in the tank approx 12 inches directly above the basking decor piece - w/ Blazes case he has sight issues so his has no decor piece under it and he sits on the floor under it -- the pic posted is how his used to be set up but once i discovered he was having sight issues the rock under the UVB was moved toward the back and UVB lowered
On top as in above and outside the terrarium? It wouldnt block too much light?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
On top as in above and outside the terrarium? It wouldnt block too much light?
No its a wide hole type ---- if it was a fine mesh like a screen door has then it would need to be unobstructed or not blocked - you can always put it perpendicular over the top so its not obstructed like this
1713016928055.jpg

ownedbyP

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
P
No its a wide hole type ---- if it was a fine mesh like a screen door has then it would need to be unobstructed or not blocked - you can always put it perpendicular over the top so its not obstructed like this
View attachment 88750
Sorry to keep at it but i really don't understand - you think i can place the light on top of the metal grill, on top of the terrarium? that allows enough light to shine through down?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Sorry to keep at it but i really don't understand - you think i can place the light on top of the metal grill, on top of the terrarium? that allows enough light to shine through down?
You can start there make sure distance under it is 8-10 inches watch his behavior

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ha12041437
Top Bottom