red urate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Just how red are you saying that his urate was? It was really red or was it just off colored?
If it was red, well, did you feed something red possibly? Otherwise, it could be kidney problem perhaps.
How old is he?
What type & brand of supplementation are you using?

Tracie

injectedink

Original Poster
not very red at all, still mainly white but just a tad bit of a red tint on some areas,
i had fed him carrots and bok choy that day along with crickets, he wont eat supers or pheonix worms for some odd reasonn but still eats mealworms like crack he'll get one or two smalls ones every couple weeks,.
i use repcal herptivite multivitamin monday and friday and bone aid microstick calcium powder by trex i think, i have the rep cal calcium with d3 but i also have a exoterra solar glo mvb bulb so i thought he wouldnt need the supplemented d3 since he'd get it from the mvb,

mpinsky

Hatchling Member
The red tint in his urate is probably coming from feeding him carrots. Shenron has that same problem when I feed him cantalope.

As a side note, you really should try weaning him off those mealworms, as they aren't particularly the best thing you can feed your beardie.

You still need to supplement him with calicum, even when using an MVB. Even an MVB cannot replace the actual nutrients that the sun can give them.

injectedink

Original Poster
yeah i've stoppped feeding him mealworms almost entirely he's probably only eaten three in the past month, he's never interested in other worms though i don't get it,

and yes i do supplement him with calcium five times a week for the past month and a bit and multivitamin twice a week, he's just over 16inches long probably around 16-18 weeks i dont recall off the top of my head, should i go down to less dustings with calcium per week or later in time?

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
injectedink":a1eb0 said:
i have the rep cal calcium with d3 but i also have a exoterra solar glo mvb bulb so i thought he wouldnt need the supplemented d3 since he'd get it from the mvb,

With an MVB you still need the Calcium supplement, but you need to use Calcium "without" vitamin D3. :D

injectedink

Original Poster
gulfbrzdawn":4647d said:
injectedink":4647d said:
i have the rep cal calcium with d3 but i also have a exoterra solar glo mvb bulb so i thought he wouldnt need the supplemented d3 since he'd get it from the mvb,

With an MVB you still need the Calcium supplement, but you need to use Calcium "without" vitamin D3. :D

yeah i know, mvb's give sufficient d3 quantity so it doesnt need to be supplemented i've been using the pure calcium supplement since about a week after i got him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cold3231
Top Bottom