Can someone help me identify weather this would be considered a hard urate?

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Hello, I’ve been having trouble with my bearded dragons urate. Someone has been helping me. And for the past two poops my bearded dragons urates were good. But, I’m not as sure about this most recent poop. It was a bit drier. The urate was a bit firm feeling at first. But, quite easy to squish. After that nothing was hard. But, it felt a little bit dry. It retained the squished shape. But, I don’t think if you press it together again it would be able to stick easily. It was a little crumbly while still retaining shape. It was still mostly malleable. The poop looked more formed than usual. A lot of watery poop around it too. Does anyone if this is a hard urate? I’m mainly not sure because the urate felt a little drier than the last two.

Attachments

• 7FA1545A-F6B9-469A-8D6B-E3CB349815DB.jpeg
    7FA1545A-F6B9-469A-8D6B-E3CB349815DB.jpeg
    94.3 KB · Views: 37
  • 76D38950-0A17-45CF-B8FF-0D09A5DDEB62.jpeg
    76D38950-0A17-45CF-B8FF-0D09A5DDEB62.jpeg
    286.2 KB · Views: 30

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Hello. Can I ask what was his diet since the last poop. It looks fine. Beardies have messy poops depending on a number of things such as water content for starters.
Hello, she had mustard greens and crickets. I put the calcium and herptivite on crickets. I have been giving her a baby food mixture for a little over a week to help with her urates. Her last poop was six days ago. What do you think of her urate? Are you saying it looks fine or the poop itself looks fine? Thank you very much!!!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello, I’ve been having trouble with my bearded dragons urate. Someone has been helping me. And for the past two poops my bearded dragons urates were good. But, I’m not as sure about this most recent poop. It was a bit drier. The urate was a bit firm feeling at first. But, quite easy to squish. After that nothing was hard. But, it felt a little bit dry. It retained the squished shape. But, I don’t think if you press it together again it would be able to stick easily. It was a little crumbly while still retaining shape. It was still mostly malleable. The poop looked more formed than usual. A lot of watery poop around it too. Does anyone if this is a hard urate? I’m mainly not sure because the urate felt a little drier than the last two.
No it looks fine

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
No it looks fine
@KarrieRee do you know what a bad urate would feel like? I know it would be hard and chalky. But, I’m not sure how hard and chalky. Her poop did feel a little powdery. Also, how would I know if it is a hydration thing. She had a large pool of liquid poop that the picture doesn’t show with this poop. Would that rule out dehydration?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
@KarrieRee do you know what a bad urate would feel like? I know it would be hard and chalky. But, I’m not sure how hard and chalky. Her poop did feel a little powdery. Also, how would I know if it is a hydration thing. She had a large pool of liquid poop that the picture doesn’t show with this poop. Would that rule out dehydration?
Yes --- form firm and dark poop -- urate formed white and a little hard on the end is normal -- chalky and dried out looking dehydrated but w/ a lot of liquid shes fine - they will poop out excess fluids

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Yes --- form firm and dark poop -- urate formed white and a little hard on the end is normal -- chalky and dried out looking dehydrated but w/ a lot of liquid shes fine - they will poop out excess fluids
Ok, thank you very much!!! When it is squished and still stays together, is that a good sign it is not dried out or chalky? Like this urate. Also, when I reread my question I realized I said something wrong. It was her urate that felt a little powdery. Her poop just felt liquidy. It wasn’t very firm.

Attachments

• 1CDDE939-3837-4337-912B-132734519B0F.jpeg
    1CDDE939-3837-4337-912B-132734519B0F.jpeg
    108.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 3097E616-4436-4F00-9222-0AB9C8E55A60.jpeg
    3097E616-4436-4F00-9222-0AB9C8E55A60.jpeg
    94.3 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Is it moist?
I thought it felt a little dry. But I felt it with a paper towel. That is why I wasn’t sure if it was a hard urate. Like a bit crumbly with some moisture. But, just a little drier than last time. It still had some moisture enough to stay together. It was from yesterday, so I’m starting to forget how it felt.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I thought it felt a little dry. But I felt it with a paper towel. That is why I wasn’t sure if it was a hard urate. Like a bit crumbly with some moisture. But, just a little drier than last time. It still had some moisture enough to stay together. It was from yesterday, so I’m starting to forget how it felt.
The heat would of dried it out

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Not that quick - did it look chalky?
I don’t think so, but I’m not 100% sure what that would look like. I have a picture of it. It is crushed in the paper towels. The last picture is what it looks like in tact. It didn’t feel dry like chalk. More crumbly with a small amount of moisture I felt through the paper towel. I’m not sure if the paper towel would prevent me from feeling how moist it was.

Attachments

• 3CD19874-989E-4A5F-A484-9CCFA0BB5449.jpeg
    3CD19874-989E-4A5F-A484-9CCFA0BB5449.jpeg
    108.3 KB · Views: 22
  • 63BACD47-3409-45E4-BFE4-6C9CDFEC2E9D.jpeg
    63BACD47-3409-45E4-BFE4-6C9CDFEC2E9D.jpeg
    94.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 107DC875-46E6-4560-AAF2-4B3BD347AF1D.jpeg
    107DC875-46E6-4560-AAF2-4B3BD347AF1D.jpeg
    286.2 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I don’t think so, but I’m not 100% sure what that would look like. I have a picture of it. It is crushed in the paper towels. The last picture is what it looks like in tact. It didn’t feel dry like chalk. More crumbly with a small amount of moisture I felt through the paper towel. I’m not sure if the paper towel would prevent me from feeling how moist it was.
It looks moist -- poop is fine

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom