Hard urate again?

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Hello, so my bearded dragon was having some hard urates. And I lowered the calcium. And the last poops urate, the one before this new one, definitely wasn’t hard. But, I can’t tell whether this new one is. It was slightly firm. But very easily squishable. It was maybe a little powdery feeling. But not very. Would that be considered a hard urate? Also, if it is a hard urate do I lower her calcium more? Right now I’m doing it 3-4 times a week. Or is something else causing the hard urate?

Attachments

• 4975B11C-AEEF-4843-BF8D-2BCDE3F1F7CB.jpeg
    4975B11C-AEEF-4843-BF8D-2BCDE3F1F7CB.jpeg
    372 KB · Views: 28

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
Hmmmm...... Not quit sure what is causing that. It could be the calcium but I give mine her calcium a few meals a week and she doesn't have hard urates so that's strange. What else does she eat? Does she eat any other insect then just crickets? What setup do you have? What's the light setup? Do you give her any other foods sometimes or the same thing?

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Hmmmm...... Not quit sure what is causing that. It could be the calcium but I give mine her calcium a few meals a week and she doesn't have hard urates so that's strange. What else does she eat? Does she eat any other insect then just crickets? What setup do you have? What's the light setup? Do you give her any other foods sometimes or the same thing?
She eats mustard greens. Sometimes a little bit of collard greens. And she only eats crickets. She also had butternut squash.But I haven’t been giving that to help with her poops. She also sometimes has sweet potato which o also an trying not to give her for the poops. Sometimes she has flowers too. I also give her a small amount of probiotic. But, only a very small amount.The light setup is a zoomed t5 ho 10.0 bulb. I changed it last week just in case that was causing the poops. Before I changed the calcium to 3-4 times a week, I used to give the calcium to her everyday. It has been 3-4 times a week for maybe two weeks. But, I’m not 100% sure.

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
She eats mustard greens. Sometimes a little bit of collard greens. And she only eats crickets. She also had butternut squash.But I haven’t been giving that to help with her poops. She also sometimes has sweet potato which o also a trying not to give her for the poops. Sometimes she has flowers too. I also give her a small amount of probiotic. But, only a very small amount.The light setup is a zoomed t5 ho 10.0 bulb. I changed it last week just in case that was causing the poops. Before I changed the calcium to 3-4 times a week, I used to give the calcium to her everyday. It has been 3-4 times a week for maybe two weeks. But, I’m not 100% sure.
I’m not sure if this one would be considered a hard urate still. But, it is better from the first one. That one was definitely a hard urate.

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
I’m not sure if this one would be considered a hard urate still. But, it is better from the first one. That one was definitely a hard urate.
It definitely is a better one but might still be a little hard than normal. I would keep the diet and see if it gets better.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

You can also add in some organic unsweetened applesauce or organic canned or fresh pumpkin to
help add some fiber.
What types of feed are you feeding your insects, a dry commercialized feed?

Tracie

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Hello,

You can also add in some organic unsweetened applesauce or organic canned or fresh pumpkin to
help add some fiber.
What types of feed are you feeding your insects, a dry commercialized feed?

Tracie
Ok, I will do that. I wasn’t feeding my insects anything. I don’t have many crickets at a time. I do have a calcium cricket diet. But for some reason, when I used it, I thought it killed the crickets faster. I also think it is more like water for the them. Is there a cricket diet I should use? Thank you very much!!!

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julielps
Top Bottom