Hard urate?

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Hello, my bearded dragon had a poop that was really watery and possibly a hard urate. And for the past couple of times, I thought it was a hard urate. I have been trying to fix it for about a week. But, I’m not sure how to tell if it is a hard urate or not. This poop was the most watery of her poops so far. I was told sometimes the diarrhea can be caused by a hard urate. The urate could be squished. It seemed slightly firm. And powdery. Is that a hard urate? And should it have been fixed by now? This is her second poop with the calcium adjusted.

Attachments

• 0BBDE497-3CD1-47ED-9D6A-DD826280F579.jpeg
    0BBDE497-3CD1-47ED-9D6A-DD826280F579.jpeg
    326.2 KB · Views: 31

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
Hello, my bearded dragon had a poop that was really watery and possibly a hard urate. And for the past couple of times, I thought it was a hard urate. I have been trying to fix it for about a week. But, I’m not sure how to tell if it is a hard urate or not. This poop was the most watery of her poops so far. I was told sometimes the diarrhea can be caused by a hard urate. The urate could be squished. It seemed slightly firm. And powdery. Is that a hard urate? And should it have been fixed by now? This is her second poop with the calcium adjusted.
That could be not sure I'll have others take a look here.

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
She pooped again today. I think the urate was good this time. But, the poop looked as watery as before. I’m thinking maybe it is too many greens causing the really watery poop. Because it was only this watery twice. Before it was mushy. And for the past week she was eating a lot of greens. So, I think I’ll try to fix that. Hopefully, that will make it better!

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
She pooped again today. I think the urate was good this time. But, the poop looked as watery as before. I’m thinking maybe it is too many greens causing the really watery poop. Because it was only this watery twice. Before it was mushy. And for the past week she was eating a lot of greens. So, I think I’ll try to fix that. Hopefully, that will make it better!
What are you feeding her? That's good that her urate looks better.

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
What are you feeding her? That's good that her urate looks better.
Mustard greens, crickets, flowers, and sometimes butternut squash when she doesn’t want her greens. So, I’m going to stop giving the butternut squash. And give a little more crickets. I also sometimes give her sweet potato for fiber. The flowers are also supposed to have fiber.

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Mustard greens, crickets, flowers, and sometimes butternut squash when she doesn’t want her greens. So, I’m going to stop giving the butternut squash. And give a little more crickets. I also sometimes give her sweet potato for fiber. The flowers are also supposed to have fiber.
Yeah the squash would explain it. If you're not giving her sweet potato often then that shouldn't cause her to have runny poop. But the Squash has a lot of water in it which is good to keep them hydrated so sometimes the runny poop is good as long as it doesn't smell too bad and the urate is good(Correct me if I'm wrong if others see this).

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Yeah the squash would explain it. If you're not giving her sweet potato often then that shouldn't cause her to have runny poop. But the Squash has a lot of water in it which is good to keep them hydrated so sometimes the runny poop is good as long as it doesn't smell too bad and the urate is good(Correct me if I'm wrong if others see this).
Ok, thank you very much!!! I was giving sweet potato. Once a week. I’m not sure if that’s too much. Last week she ate a lot of sweet potato that day. Like maybe 7 small pieces. Around the size of a dime. So, I wasn’t sure if I should have taken a break with it or not. I took the poop to the vet recently. It came back negative for parasites. It don’t smell either.

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Ok, thank you very much!!! I was giving sweet potato. Once a week. I’m not sure if that’s too much. Last week she ate a lot of sweet potato that day. Like maybe 7 small pieces. Around the size of a dime. So, I wasn’t sure if I should have taken a break with it or not. I took the poop to the vet recently. It came back negative for parasites. It don’t smell either.
That could also be it. Both are good for your dragon but a lot of water causing it to be runny like that.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom