question about parasites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terminator7777

Juvie Member
Original Poster
lauraj1055":1ukjj4on said:
I emailed you earlier.. I hear good things about the Reptaid.....

Yes i read your emails and read the bearded dragon section they had on there website for the reptaid. But it cost a little to much and really cant afford it. Am not even sure it would cure them. But thank you for the thought.

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
Sherri":2khdozao said:
What type of parasites did the vet find in the fecal test?

If pinworms, then panacur is good. Usually only takes 2 doses to clear it up. My dragon had a +5 for; pinworms, coccidia and protazoa :(

2 doses of panacur for the pinworms was all it took. You do not have to get panacur from the vet. A couple of people here on the boards sells it.

2 doses of Ponazuril and our guy was totally clear of coccidia. I was VERY diligent about keeping the tank clean. Took everything out and if he pooped in there I cleaned it up immediately with a little ammonia and then I steamed it once I got a steamer...but for the first week I just did a diluted ammonia wipe and then rinse every day he pooped in it.

The vet will have to prescribe the Ponazuril from *Road Runner Pharmacy* (web search and you will find it). It is WAY less harsh than the Albon and works very fast most of the time.

If he has protazoa as well then you will have to have a prescription. My guy is on Metronidazole, he is on his 2nd round, these seem to be hard to get rid of but if there is a high count you want to get it lower.

So, what are the counts from the fecal test? Also, for the next time, you do not have to take your beardie in to get a fecal done, just take the sample in within 2 hours of him going (refrigerate if you can't take it right away) and they will test it. You only need to take your beardie in IF he is positive. Hope this helps :D

I seconded this..

You need to get them to the vet to have them checked out

Terminator7777

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I been wanting to take them in for a vet visit. But am having money issues with work being slow and dont no when work will come in. I will get them better as long as they dont die and with how they look thats why i said this. Good day

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
Terminator7777":3gvaxx9i said:
I been wanting to take them in for a vet visit. But am having money issues with work being slow and dont no when work will come in. I will get them better as long as they dont die and with how they look thats why i said this. Good day

If you dont want them to die, and cant get them to the vet, lower the price on them and Ill pay shipping, Ill give you 100 for both plus shipping, with them being sick they are not worth the full price, plus Ill need the extra money to take them in myself.

randommonks

Sub-Adult Member
Terminator7777":37tjd6i7 said:

Is there any way for you to post pictures of their poops? What may appear runny and nasty to you might turn out to be normal. Darwin normally poops out lots of water after taking long baths. If beardies have been stressed, their parasite count will increase, which can cause diarrhea. Try to keep your beardies stress free as possible. It might happen that their natural immune systems will work to keep the parasites under control once they're more settled into a routine. Try not to let them interact with each other, and wash your hands between handling each individual beardie to prevent transmission of parasite eggs.

Just something you can do now, while you wait for some more money. Good luck!

faelexia

I don't know where you are located, but it's very possible you may be able to get a grant to take care of the issue. Can you afford the first vet visit? Because Red Rover Relief Grants can spot you b/t $100-300 if you qualify for the grant. there are also fundraising tips on the website in case you want to try some.

I think you can order DIY fecal tests, have you thought of that?

Terminator7777

Juvie Member
Original Poster
faelexia":1ex1okgd said:
I don't know where you are located, but it's very possible you may be able to get a grant to take care of the issue. Can you afford the first vet visit? Because Red Rover Relief Grants can spot you b/t $100-300 if you qualify for the grant. there are also fundraising tips on the website in case you want to try some.

I am in illinois and no i can't afford the first vet visit. I barely getting by with feeders but they are just dieing anyway cause my dragons are not eating them anyways. I always had thouble with crickets. Its worth a shot ill check it out. No mainly because you need a microscope and was never good with science am a more of a handyman great with my hands.

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
Terminator7777":2oy076zt said:
faelexia":2oy076zt said:

I am in illinois and no i can't afford the first vet visit. I barely getting by with feeders but they are just dieing anyway cause my dragons are not eating them anyways. I always had thouble with crickets. Its worth a shot ill check it out. No mainly because you need a microscope and was never good with science am a more of a handyman great with my hands.

You send them off to someone to have it done.

Again if you cant handle them both Ill give you 100 for them plush shipping what ever it may be

faelexia

With the red rover grant you have to have a specific diagnosis from a vet that says that without care your pet will be terminal. It also says if you have financial hardship that is a plus to getting the grant. they do it on a case by case basis and can give grants from $100-300.

If I were you, I would go to a vet and beg them to give you a letter saying you need care or your dragon will die, then send your help request to red rover.

Also, I agree that if you have sick dragons you should not be charging $280 plus shipping.

To me the description of the poo sounds fine. Is there hard poo or ONLY liquidy? Any pics of the poo would work. Are they eating? Where did you get them?

What greens are they eating?

Terminator7777

Juvie Member
Original Poster
The stool is green or brown depends and the urates look like a pile other then a chunk. Collard and worms and no not eating. I'll sell them for 200 then not a hundred.

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
Terminator7777":2my1w5il said:
The stool is green or brown depends and the urates look like a pile other then a chunk. Collard and worms and no not eating. I'll sell them for 200 then not a hundred.

That's way to much for dragons who are not eating.

They will be needing to see a vet and medication costing 200-300 total.

100 plus 40 shipping.

If not then I'm sorry you'll just have to scrape up the money to save your babies and hope they will live.. If they are not eating I fear they will not have much longer

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
Terminator7777":3854g1kn said:
No deal good day...

Fine Fine let me see if I can scrape up some extra cash

150 shipped, Final offer.
If not good luck keeping these little ones alive.
If your having money problems I don't recommend you get more after these two pass, it will just happen again

DaddyGeek

Juvie Member
KitsuneGem":3k6qrhoe said:
Terminator7777":3k6qrhoe said:
No deal good day...

If your having money problems I don't recommend you get more after these two pass, it will just happen again

I'd seriously consider her offer. At least get something for them Terminator because obviously nothing you are trying is working and they are just going to die.

Where does that leave you then? Without the 150 bucks that you were offered for them and with dead dragons.

I know you have spent more than that but some times you just gotta cut your losses and take what you can get. Her offer is very generous considering most people wouldn't pay a dime for a sick dragon. She has all along been one of the people who has been nice to you and tried to work with you so you know they are going to a good home and if it was me I would gladly hand them over to her and be happy they have a chance with someone that can take them to the vet, buy medicine and properly house and feed them.

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
Nefarian40":2akvpdpo said:
KitsuneGem":2akvpdpo said:
Terminator7777":2akvpdpo said:
No deal good day...

I'd seriously consider her offer. At least get something for them Terminator because obviously nothing you are trying is working and they are just going to die.

Where does that leave you then? Without the 150 bucks that you were offered for them and with dead dragons.

I know you have spent more than that but some times you just gotta cut your losses and take what you can get. Her offer is very generous considering most people wouldn't pay a dime for a sick dragon. She has all along been one of the people who has been nice to you and tried to work with you so you know they are going to a good home and if it was me I would gladly hand them over to her and be happy they have a chance with someone that can take them to the vet, buy medicine and properly house and feed them.

I'd give you a hug if I could

Its been very hard to bite my tongue and be polite about all this.. But I do agree, sometimes you have to take a loss its just the way the world works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
syddersspams
Top Bottom