Potential GNT?

melpdy

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Jo
Hi, guys! I’m new here but this seemed like a good place to get a question answered. First, it’s nice to meet you all! Second, the point of this post, I went to the vet today with my little buddy Jo. I went in thinking maybe she just had parasites because she looks healthy and is acting really well, truly it seemed nothing was/is wrong! The only thing was some occasional diarrhea. I took her in and it turns out she has an elevated white blood cell count and high glucose, though the vet said not the worst level, but just under it. He said it could be signs of GNT and to keep an eye out for some behaviors. He sent me home with some antibiotics and anti-inflammatories that I am to give Jo for about 3 weeks. My question is, has anyone experienced this before and how likely does it seem Jo has GNT? I’ll answer any questions I can and I don’t have the vet records yet but will get them!

Thanm you!!

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
when you get the blood work, make sure to post copies of it. one of our members, @Drache613 , is a vet tech that is on usually late at night. she can go over it for you. do you know which bacteria they are treating with the antibiotic? i don't know anything about gnt unfortunately, but i have seen several members talk about it in the past

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
One of the signs of gastric neuroendocrine carcinoma is a spike in blood glucose, so it's certainly worth keeping a close eye on it. When I've seen it, the results are several times above average so it's something that stands out quite a bit in the results. In my case there was gout as a possible symptom early on, but this may not be there in all cases. That usually shows as swelling in fingers/joints and a high uric acid level in the blood.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Definitely post a copy of the blood test results here just so we can take a look over it.
A higher than usual glucose level isn't always an indicator of GNT. I agree though, the levels should be monitored to be sure it doesn't get worse. They are very good masters of disguises when it comes to an illness. So it's good to catch something early on so maybe it can be treated quickly.

Tracie

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom