treating parasites

love

Beardie name(s)
charizard
My beard dragon is about 7 month old. In the past he had no issue eating. He loved eating crackers. But he never like to eat his vegetables. Then he got tired of them. So we brought him some Dubia roaches. He starting eating them. Then after while. He started active wired. He starting being very sleepy and not eat and hiding. I thought he was brumation. But I was wrong. I did start him with booster. He was active a little bitter. But he still will not eat. Finally I told him the vet. He was diagnosis for parasites. They gave him medication. After the medication. he still have no interested on eat food. when I saw Called the Dragon Probiotics and Prebiotics . I want does this really help my beard dragon getting back his appreciate. If can explain how can give this to him. How long should I give it . Please If you can give any advise on it. I am so stress out . Do you any advise about how I can have him eat vegetable better. This happen last year. in 12/20/23. How ever he is better no. but he still will not eat his own. He does want to any bugs. I am feed him syringe . That only way he will eat.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My beard dragon is about 7 month old. In the past he had no issue eating. He loved eating crackers. But he never like to eat his vegetables. Then he got tired of them. So we brought him some Dubia roaches. He starting eating them. Then after while. He started active wired. He starting being very sleepy and not eat and hiding. I thought he was brumation. But I was wrong. I did start him with booster. He was active a little bitter. But he still will not eat. Finally I told him the vet. He was diagnosis for parasites. They gave him medication. After the medication. he still have no interested on eat food. when I saw Called the Dragon Probiotics and Prebiotics . I want does this really help my beard dragon getting back his appreciate. If can explain how can give this to him. How long should I give it . Please If you can give any advise on it. I am so stress out . Do you any advise about how I can have him eat vegetable better. This happen last year. in 12/20/23. How ever he is better no. but he still will not eat his own. He does want to any bugs. I am feed him syringe . That only way he will eat.
Please go over surface basking temps - Surface basking temps should be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer-and be 95-100 stick ons are inaccurate - uvb coil long tube fixture? These things I am asking are reasons your dragon will not eat- if they are in correct

love

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
charizard
Basking is 103 degrees. Uvb is reptisun T5 HO 22’’ placed over basking platform. Basking light is a flukers. Lights are on 12 hours, off 12 hours.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Basking is 103 degrees. Uvb is reptisun T5 HO 22’’ placed over basking platform. Basking light is a flukers. Lights are on 12 hours, off 12 hours.
How old is the T 5 and where is it placed ? inside the tank or top of screen - basking temp is good is he basking?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
yes inside the tank on top
ok and how old? Distance should be 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor and bulb should not be over 11 months old - I always recommend changing them out every 10 11 months unless you have a good solar meter and getting good UVI readings -- you can try getting him some reptiboost for appetite enhancer-- I would try lowering your surface basking temp to 95-100 -- see if that helps - for a 7 month old he should be eating like a pig ---- what is the diet now

love

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
charizard
yes 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor and UVI is about 6 month old

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
yes 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor and UVI is about 6 month old
Please tell me his diet --- he needs to have a staple feeder insect --- dubias crickets BSFL or silk worms --- fresh salads every day Nutrition Content
ignore the kale info its outdated and is a great staple feeder --- please get some BSFL www.symtonbsf.com order large and put them on top of his salads first thing in the morning drop them in his bowl in front of him to get his attention --- dragons should not be eating crackers!!!! here is a bowl that is good for salads and BSFL to keep them in it Amazon.com
Please post a pic of the dragon and his lighting / tank --- are you using any colored bulbs?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Definitely post some pictures of your dragon & the tank setup, just so we can visually see it all.
I'm glad to hear that you are using the Reptisun 10 T5 tube bulb, a 10 or so distance from him.
Which medication did the vet give for the parasites? I am figuring he was treated for coccidia?
Did you give any probiotics for him to help with appetite?

Tracie

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom