Purley (UK) Lady Getting Chemo for Her George!

Status
Not open for further replies.

daddyburgi

Extreme Poster
I saw that article too and was going to share it here. Yeah she spent $4700 I believe on chemo and the beardie is in remission now. Great story.

Menolly07

Juvie Member
Original Poster
A friend of mine, none lizard folk, shared it with me under the header "If found another you!" Whenever anybody says, "I can't believe they would spend that sort of money," I instantly respond, "I can't believe you wouldn't!" Not to say that anybody who DOESN'T have it should be ashamed if they can't cope with those sort of bills, but that if somebody has the money and CAN do it does do it, that doesn't make them strange at all to me. I would spend down to every last red cent if I could save my furry or scaly folk! I took them in and am responsible for them. I love them and think that adopting them means I agreed to take care of them, come what may, easy and hard. Mah baybees! <3

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I agree 100%, they're my babies & I would do whatever was necessary to save their lives. I'd owe my vet & would have to pay her over a period of time, but well worth the effort. I spent alot of money when my girl Sweetie got sick, she was too sick to save but my vet & did everything possible. I think it's wonderful that the treatments worked & that her beardie is in remission and I hope that her beardie stays that way. :D

Jerichosdad

Hatchling Member
Cute story but her pet is more important than her fiancé , really? If I said that to my girlfriend she would kill me.

RandyMarsh

Sub-Adult Member
Jerichosdad":1leddwgw said:
Cute story but her pet is more important than her fiancé , really? If I said that to my girlfriend she would kill me.

yeah but her boyfriend agrees with her decision so it's a non-issue

jabronie

Jerichosdad":17rpmqbt said:

i think it really depends on the situation. at this point my beardy would take priority over any girl or person because he's been the only one thats been by my side the past year and took the big drive from socal to colorado with me like a champ.

at this point, if i have $5 in my pocket and its between getting him some worms or buying me some quick food, 9/10 it will go to the worms.

Menolly07

Juvie Member
Original Poster
In our house we actually had the conversation, "If the house were burning, who should I save?" We both answered the same. "Save the pets! Duh! I can save myself!"

Jerichosdad

Hatchling Member
We had that same convo and said the exact same thing. But my point had nothing to do with the chemo itself. Just choosing pets over people is crazy to me but I have a woman in my life. To each his/her own

NightmareDisco

Sub-Adult Member
Awww that is an awesome story. I don't know that my pets come before my family, because I consider them all the same group.

Germ

Hatchling Member
Cool story, as others have said, unsure if that would be my choice or not, but good for her & her Fiance for being supportive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ha12041437
Top Bottom