Princess Phoebe (Wee Be-be) -good news 11/30/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Phoebe has gone crazy!
As well as daily poops, we have constant glass dancing, blackbearding when she doesn't get her way and adventures outside her viv. Phoebe has never liked being out of her viv and now it's all she wants. I still can't touch her though- that is a definite No-no!!!!!

suzjohnson

Sub-Adult Member
What's up with her not wanting to be touched? Because you were giving her me meds? Oh, funny girl!! What does she do when she is out exploring? Glass dancing is a good way to maintain her girlish figure, I guess :lol:

Suz

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I think it's the eggs making her uncomfortable with touching. When she is out, she scavenged for anything that might be food- I *think* she ate a roach earlier. When she is done with that she goes and sits by Snoopys viv and then wants back into her viv to start the whole process over again.

suzjohnson

Sub-Adult Member
MissT":nonwxq0y said:
I think it's the eggs making her uncomfortable with touching. When she is out, she scavenged for anything that might be food- I *think* she ate a roach earlier. When she is done with that she goes and sits by Snoopys viv and then wants back into her viv to start the whole process over again.
Hmmm... Would she eat bits of salad if you scattered it around the floor? Nice she might be eating escapees. Oh, I hadn't thought about her eggs. That makes total sense. It was a long time ago but I kind of recall that cranky-don't touch me feeling. :evil: As for returning to her viv to restart the whole process, at least she is predictable. Any idea how soon those eggs are supposed to arrive?

Suz

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Suzanne, I have no idea when they will be here. I was convinced Phoebe was one of those dragons that don't lay eggs!!!

Gina, I wonder too. She doesn't look at him. Just sits in front, looking around the room. She doesn't Blackbeard or try to get in. Just sits, calm.

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
So, Phoebe finally started some frantic digging tonight. She was digging for about 30 minutes and then obviously got bored/tired and changed from digging to fashioning a bed for herself. She then fell asleep, woodchips everywhere (including on her head!)

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Maybe she needed some testosterone prescence to get the egg laying going :dontknow:

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
She fell asleep in her nest and it was just adorable!! This morning she seems very quiet. I think she knows Snoopy is gone.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
She paced back & forth because she knew something was wrong with Snoopy, and also knew there was nothing she could do to help him :(
Her motherly instincts must've been on fire last night.

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I think you're right Gina. Today she didn't even venture to that side of the room!!!!!

Now some pics of the Princess...
b5ec2894.jpg

a rare moment of holding
f2b6a005.jpg

'waas wong wiz ma belleeeeee?'
3130a9ba.jpg

'i told ooo noz baffs!!!'
abfe2075.jpg

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Wow, that last pic was one of a very unhappy Phoebe! I would've been scared for my life :laughing6:

Any more digging today?

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Yep, she usually gets like that every time I hold her now!!!!!
Yes, she did dig, on and off. She is still eating though, so I'd say it could still be a couple weeks before we have eggs :?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom