Princess Phoebe (Wee Be-be) -good news 11/30/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

suzjohnson

Sub-Adult Member
LOL!! What a funny girl! Are the phoenix worms coming through pretty much whole? Rufus has stopped eating them completely and I've got so many left. Thinking about popping them into the freezer for a few days. What a waste of $$ but I don't want them turning into flys.

Suz

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Mine turned into flies last time! I put the whole tub in the freezer with the flies- they had started taking over my house!

suzjohnson

Sub-Adult Member
Wow! :shock: Yes, that turning into flies thing isn't a pleasant image. I'll try again today and if there is no interest, into the freezer they go! Glad I'm not the only one. :)

Suz

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Phoebe is the only one who will eat them here!!! I'm not feeding her any more now that she is pooping them whole. I think she can go without livefood today and then have 2 locusts or a nice big male roach tomoro :D

suzjohnson

Sub-Adult Member
It sounds like you have perfected her diet. I don't like when they come out whole like that. I read somewhere to give the pooped one a little squish with a fingertip, way gross but do-able, and see if they are hollow. With Ruf, sometimes they are and sometimes they aren't but I liked their high calcium so it would be a bummer to have to abandon them as a feeder.

Suz

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I prefer butters just because they HAVE to chew them up really well and they have a good calcium level. All worms are pretty difficult to get here though so I class all worms as treats for my guys.

suzjohnson

Sub-Adult Member
Good Phoebe!! Happy Christina!! Isn't it funny that we get as excited about our critter eating a mouthful of greens as winning the lottery :lol: Not that I would know that from experience actually, just guessing :wink: I hope she keeps it up.

Suz

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
It really is exciting. I don't remember when she last ate some salad... Last time I remember clearly was the day Kazi got sick, bak in July!

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
In her viv.... In her nest area, of all places :banghead: not good when you are trying to keep everything spotless in te fight against coccidia!!

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Phoebe was glass dancing this morning so I opened the door of her viv and let her out. Usually she doesn't stray more than a few feet from her viv... I sat down to drink my coffee, forgetting she was out since usually, she goes back in within 5 minutes. Next I heard her feet. She ran right to the back door, past the baby viv- I panicked but Phoebe didn't even cast a second glance towards baby and settled herself at the back door before having a nice poop! Yes, ANOTHER poop! I wonder if it is something to do with the eggs, all of these poops!
Her weight is back down to 617g. I'm hoping once she lays her eggs she will be back under the 600g mark. Seems like she has been gravid for a long time!

suzjohnson

Sub-Adult Member
I've been imagining that as the eggs grow there may be less room in her abdomen. Funny she rushed to the back door to do her duty.

Suz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom