EMERGENCY‼️‼️

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Nubby took a bath at about noon, 11:30 and swam about, did his usual, whatever. Was fine all day, except for he got super riled up running around, head bobbing, etc, at the other lizards. Like to the point of when he exhales, it's an audible puff. About 20 minutes later, he's coughing. This dry, wheezing sound every 30 seconds or so on his exhale. Here is a link to it. There's no crackling or anything to it so I don't think it's water related, he didn't dunk his whole head in but some may have gotten in through his nose when he was swimming around because he lays flat in the water, no matter how little I put. Wtf is this.??

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Nubby took a bath at about noon, 11:30 and swam about, did his usual, whatever. Was fine all day, except for he got super riled up running around, head bobbing, etc, at the other lizards. Like to the point of when he exhales, it's an audible puff. About 20 minutes later, he's coughing. This dry, wheezing sound every 30 seconds or so on his exhale. Here is a link to it. There's no crackling or anything to it so I don't think it's water related, he didn't dunk his whole head in but some may have gotten in through his nose when he was swimming around because he lays flat in the water, no matter how little I put. Wtf is this.??

Hes aspirated water -- get him under his basking light - try getting him so his head is at a downward angle so the water can drain out of his mouth --- hes in distress w/ the black beard

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
He may have aspirated a slight amount of water but him running around + bobbing at the others probably kicked it up to where he needs to rest and recupe his breathing. I don't think it will be a long term problem, might be a day or 2 [ hopefully ] Try not to let him get too excited right now though.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
He may have aspirated a slight amount of water but him running around + bobbing at the others probably kicked it up to where he needs to rest and recupe his breathing. I don't think it will be a long term problem, might be a day or 2 [ hopefully ] Try not to let him get too excited right now though.
We ended up taking him to the vet. She listened to his lungs and some other stuff and she confidently concluded he didn't aspirate water. There was no crackling, no wheezing, his lungs sounded great. She's fairly certain he either sucked something up that just irritated him or he got too winded from being a dummy and all the running and head bobbing and heavy breathing. She did say there is a small small chance of upper respiratory, but he wasn't showing any symptoms and his lungs sounded great, like I said. He hasn't coughed since I took that video, that was at like 4:15ish.

The black beard was because he hmsww nova and was trying to get to her before I took the video. I'm so glad he's okay he was stressing me tf out.

I did raise his temps, though. *Just* in case but he seems totally fine. Man these animals stress me out

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Poor guy, he definitely just got all worked up after his bath. While he may not have aspirated any water
he probably inhaled something but has coughed it out by now. Good to hear that the vet didn't hear any
crackling noises or anything like that.
Definitely as suggested, just try to boost his daytime temperatures a degree or two & maybe keep him a
little warmer overnight for a week or so. That should help to ward off any looming respiratory issues that
might try to develop.

Tracie

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom