Princess Phoebe (Wee Be-be) -good news 11/30/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Just found this pic of Phoebe when I first got her, 2 years ago... Too cute!
DSCF1177.jpg

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
She was around 9 months and gravid!!!
Here is another- note the eggy belly!!!!!

suzjohnson

Sub-Adult Member
Oh, funny! She looks like she swallowed a bunch of marbles. Do you think the eggs get as large when they aren't fertile? I hope, for your sake, she gets this over with soon.

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
suzjohnson":177dzxp9 said:
Oh, funny! She looks like she swallowed a bunch of marbles. Do you think the eggs get as large when they aren't fertile? I hope, for your sake, she gets this over with soon.
They are much smaller. Her last clutch only had 2 fertile eggs. Those were the ony 2 eggs we kept. They hatched but didn't survive- she had been on antibiotics while gravid.

These were her babies...
DSCF1271.jpg

DSCF1267.jpg

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Goonie":18la140p said:
Baby Phoebe's so cute! Can't believe she was gravid at 9 months though :roll:
Yep, she was far too young. And, if I remember correctly she was only 12 inches long!!!

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
So I moved Huff into What was Kazis viv. Phoebe can hear him scratching around and has been very intrigued by all the noise. She has eaten half of her salad too!!!! I think she is enjoying this change. Perhaps she has been missing having a beardie upstairs!!!

Mirthy

Sub-Adult Member
competition! It is my new theory. :D She knows another dragon might magically get down into her viv and take HER salad!!
So what if she only might have wanted to eat it....it is HERS! How dare Huff! hehehe.

Seriously though... I think this really might affect bearded dragon diet. Having more than one bearded dragon might cause a small amount of normal territorial food consumption. I would imagine that Ms Phoebe would become accustomed to having Huff there and might go back to her usual salad habits though. Maybe not? I'm making this stuff up but it sounds good, eh? 8) I'm not sure how it could be tested.

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Well, before Kazi got sick she would eat most of her salad. The day he got sick she stopped- he was a lot quieter for the last 2 months of his life. Now Huff is above her and most of her salad is gone today!!!!!
I wonder- when the newbaby arrives it will be above Huff- perhaps that will make him eat!!!!!

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Oh my! Christina, if you're going by the upstairs neighbor theory, you'll have to live in a grain silo and invest in a cherry picker to reach all of them :laughhard:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom