Possible Stuck Shed or Rash, Please help.

SigmasNYC

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Peach
My beardie has been rubbing her face a bit, but kind of stopped now. But her face has some shed something and I'm unsure what to do.

Attachments

• 20240215_101833.jpg
    20240215_101833.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 49

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
I agree with xp, just leave it be. you can soak him/her to help with the shed(Only if it's still there after a while). Very pretty beardie!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Thank you XP and Hazel, I will post another clearer photo a little bit later. My concern is with her mouth, she has some red/pink area.
Hi Sigma, do post a few more pics of Peach's mouth. I think I do see a small pinkish area and want to be sure there's no sign of infection or irritation starting. You can use a small amount of raw honey or silver cream on it IF that's the case.

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
Thank you XP and Hazel, I will post another clearer photo a little bit later. My concern is with her mouth, she has some red/pink area.
I did see that I thought you were talking about that. Post some more pictures. What does the inside of her mouth look like? It looks like it's kind of inside the mouth.

SigmasNYC

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Peach
Hi Sigma, do post a few more pics of Peach's mouth. I think I do see a small pinkish area and want to be sure there's no sign of infection or irritation starting. You can use a small amount of raw honey or silver cream on it IF that's the case.
This is as close as I can get without the quality of the photo dropping.

Attachments

• 20240215_185634.jpg
    20240215_185634.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 25

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
O.K, that's always good. Might not be anything happening there but keep an eye on it and use the raw honey or silver cream if needed.
BTW, dubias + crickets are better than mealworms as a staple so try to get her used to those. Eating her turnip greens is great !

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, the raw unpasteurized honey would be helpful if there is any type of irritation from rubbing her face, etc. They can sure hurt themselves sometimes by rubbing their skin too much.
At least she is eating really well!

Tracie

SigmasNYC

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Peach
This is her current condition. I have been trying to get closer and closer without agitating her. What do you all think?

Attachments

• 20240216_092345.jpg
    20240216_092345.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 25

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom