Tail rot or just stuck shed?

zonkey

Original Poster
Forgive me for how many posts I make on here guys lol I just am so cautious about everything and want to do the best possible things for my beardie. anyways, quick backstory. She’s maybe 3-4yrs old according to the vet. Has MBD. Missing 4 toes. Was found in a Petco dumpster. So that’s why she looks well, like that. But I just wanted to ask about her tail… does this look like tail rot, or just stuck shed, ooooor I hear beardies will make their tails black sometimes as they do with other parts of their body ? Wanted to get some advice. I just gave her a bath in hopes of helping any shed if that is the case. In most cases I’ve seen of tail rot it looks pretty noticeable and nasty, but her tail as you can see is just like, black from what I can tell. but I don’t know. I wanted second opinions 😣

Attachments

• IMG_4725.jpeg
    IMG_4725.jpeg
    184.4 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_4726.jpeg
    IMG_4726.jpeg
    168.9 KB · Views: 44

zonkey

Original Poster
Thank you guys, that makes sense. I have another unrelated question as well. This girl is a bit underweight. She is a good eater though, she loves dubia roaches and her salads etc.... butshould I be doing anything more to help her with gaining weight? Should I use Reptiboost or anything like that?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Thank you guys, that makes sense. I have another unrelated question as well. This girl is a bit underweight. She is a good eater though, she loves dubia roaches and her salads etc.... butshould I be doing anything more to help her with gaining weight? Should I use Reptiboost or anything like that?
Nope slow and steady - are you offer treat worms?

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom