Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaytyler21

Hey everyone I'm still learning all the different colors and what they mean. Can someone please tell me what my dragon is? From what I've read I think he's a yellow or a citrus, please just let me know if I'm right. Thanks!

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
Colors are what colors are. If he's yellow, then he's yellow, could also be called citrus if you wanted, I guess.

Morphs are something totally different, and if you're wanting to know his morph, then we'd need better pictures.

traceyb73

Sub-Adult Member
More important that colors, I would strongly suggest you remove the sand. It can cause impaction as beardies lick (as opposed to a dog who would sniff).

What type of lighting do you have? What kind of bulb for basking (heat)? What kind of UV light? What are his temps and what are you using for a thermometer?

Jaytyler21

Original Poster
@traceyb73

Thanks for you're concern about the sand being in there. And since you came off kinda of rude I'm not going to answer your question about my setup.

kbro

Hatchling Member
Beautiful dragon, he looks kinda yellow orange mix I'm really not sure what to call him. I just wanted to comment on what a nice looking dragon you have :D

cfjustin

Hatchling Member
Jaytyler21":2nv4qsbb said:
@traceyb73

Thanks for you're concern about the sand being in there. And since you came off kinda of rude I'm not going to answer your question about my setup.

She wasn't being 'rude' she was giving you advice, you came here for advice and she saw a hazardous substance. Impaction is very common especially with sand. She also went on to ask about your setup to make sure everything is correct. We all care about these creatures and definitely coming off 'rude' is the last thing anyone wants to do here.

Jaytyler21

Original Poster
@traceyb73 @cfjustin

Thank You for all your concern, but I did not come here or ask for advice. I simply asked what color my dragon is. Just because I do not understand the colors of my dragons, does not mean I am uneducated on how to raise them. I have raised 4 perfectly healthy dragons on play sand which are all adults now. They are also all regularly checked by my reptile veterinarian. So before you know someones situation, you shouldn't be so quick to judge. Everyone has their own opinions on the sand situation. If I thought it was harmful in any way or if my veterinarian told me it was harming my animals, I would remove it immediately. Unless you are a veterinarian or someone asks for your help, you don't need to give your advice. It makes it really difficult for people to be part of a forum when people are so quick to judge. I understand everyone truly cares about their dragons and their are horrible pet owners out their, but don't attack the good ones before you know the situation. Don't automatically assume just because someone has chosen play sand as a substrate they are harming their dragon in any way. Many top of the line breeders raise their dragons on play sand. FYI bearded dragons are desert animals.

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
FYI beardies are NOT desert animals. They are from the outback in Australia which by the way is not a desert and is mostly rocks.

kbro

Hatchling Member

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Good info kbro....beardies are from wide ranges of Australia.... the arid woodland/scrub + sandy desert areas.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
[This subject has gotten off topic, let's try to get it back to the discussion that was started in the beginning. Thanks.]

Brezzy99

Sub-Adult Member
:D How is your beautiful baby doing? You can start a thread under beardie tales where you can share pictures and stories.

kbro

Hatchling Member
I agree breezy, very handsome guy. What does he think about the no sand. I remember when I did sand a long time ago, when I switched Loki was pretty upset with me because he liked to dig down at night to settle in. But it just wasn't worth the risk or the mess and smell. It's just not what you asked about so I didn't say anything. What did you end up switching to?

My beardie looks very similar to yours. I think it is orange. My beardie's nail is transparent. What about yours.

Jaytyler21":3ik0aybu said:
Hey everyone I'm still learning all the different colors and what they mean. Can someone please tell me what my dragon is? From what I've read I think he's a yellow or a citrus, please just let me know if I'm right. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom