Please Help

QibliLover1

Beardie name(s)
Qibli
My bearded dragon Qibli has had a singular black scale on his beard and I’ve just noticed today that it’s turned into a big line it doesn’t look like mites can anyone help me out please?

Attachments

• IMG_6024.jpeg
    IMG_6024.jpeg
    194.8 KB · Views: 72

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My bearded dragon Qibli has had a singular black scale on his beard and I’ve just noticed today that it’s turned into a big line it doesn’t look like mites can anyone help me out please?
Looks like some weird shed

QibliLover1

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Qibli
Looks like some weird shed
He hasn’t shed recently and no where else is light as if he was going to shed. He’s not a morning lizard so when I woke him up before I left my house at 8 he was all dark but he usually lightens up throughout the day usually once he's basked for a good while and since he’s had that one black scale for a while it’s just weird he has a long line. I just got back to my house and snuggled him to get him to be all light he’s active and alert he still has an appetite it’s just that one black line.

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Leo
Yes but he’s all light now that I have came home and snuggled him but he still has the one black line. I’m just concerned if it’s like a parasite of some type or something
No parasite that I know of causes what you’re showing us right now, could be a wacky shed like Karrie suggested or it might just be a stress mark of the sorts. As long as you don’t notice swelling, necrosis or sores he should be fine.

QibliLover1

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Qibli
No parasite that I know of causes what you’re showing us right now, could be a wacky shed like Karrie suggested or it might just be a stress mark of the sorts. As long as you don’t notice swelling, necrosis or sores he should be fine.
No swelling or sores but I’m not sure what necrosis is. Is it like scale rot?

QibliLover1

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Qibli
More pictures it’s looking like a bigger version of his black scale he had but it reduced a bit

Attachments

• IMG_6025.jpeg
    IMG_6025.jpeg
    116.9 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_6026.jpeg
    IMG_6026.jpeg
    119.3 KB · Views: 46

QibliLover1

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Qibli
Necrosis is the death of cells in an organ/tissue, so yes, it is scale rot. As long as he does not pose any of these symptoms he should be A-okay.
He’s never had anything like that but I’ve just posted some new pictures of him it looks slightly more better

QibliLover1

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Qibli
Ok 👍 I’d suggest giving it a bit of time, it will most likely go away on its own. Definitely just natural colouring.
He seems to be doing fine now. He tends to freak himself out when I don’t snuggle him when I wake him up so it could have been that. Now that I’m home he seems to be his happy and perky self. :)

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
It's perfectly normal, one of mine props his chin on his decore and he does that every single time. It will go away after they move away from what ever they are propped on. It's absolutely from leaning on something 🙂

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom