i think my beardies tail is dying?

i’ve had gilbert for about 5 years now i think, he’s had problems with his tail in the past but i’ve never seen it this bad, when feeling it it feels a bit mushy and doesn’t smell all too great.
It’s obvious i should see a vet but i live in the uk and finances for me, my mum, and sister aren’t looking good so we are having troubling finding and affording one. it’s been like this for about 2-3 weeks now? i’m just estimating.
if any experts could give me tips on what to do to treat it while we try and find a vet it would be a MASSIVE MASSIVE help

Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_5878.jpeg
    IMG_5878.jpeg
    191.1 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_5880.jpeg
    IMG_5880.jpeg
    99.8 KB · Views: 38

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Sorry to see your beardie having this problem and of course for your family too. It needs to be amputated about 3/4 inch above the area that looks bad. You can soak it in betadine iodine solution [ 1 part iodine to 10 parts warm water ] but it will need to be cut off. Try to get that done ASAP. Maybe even start a Gofundme or crowd funding where you are in the U.K
Best wishes for a successful outcome for Gilbert !

thatguydrey

Original Poster
Sorry to see your beardie having this problem and of course for your family too. It needs to be amputated about 3/4 inch above the area that looks bad. You can soak it in betadine iodine solution [ 1 part iodine to 10 parts warm water ] but it will need to be cut off. Try to get that done ASAP. Maybe even start a Gofundme or crowd funding where you are in the U.K
Best wishes for a successful outcome for Gilbert !
Thank you for the advice! we will definitely be taking it to heart! may i ask, if we cant get it amputated in time or if its done too late, what may happen?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Absolutely, as AHBD stated, try to get that taken care of sooner rather than later. Infections that
travel upwards on the tail can go systemic.
If you don't mind me asking, what happened, did his tail get pinched somehow or injured in another
way?
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom