My lizard has MBD HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherry122

I recently descoverd my lizard has MBD I am going to replace his night light with a reptisun light. He hasn't had it for much long can someone tell me any other ways to help my baby

Rie

minininja":1r81tm08 said:
I dont know much but go out and but calcium powder and put it on everything he eats
This may help unless the cause of MBD was too much calcium powder. If caught soon enough, your dragon can be treated following the preventative measure below. However if your beardie appears to be severely affected, then they need to be taken to a reptile vet as soon as possible to begin treatment, Treatment usually comes in the form of oral injections of calcium and vitamin D. Do not treat a bearded dragon yourself without the guidance of a qualified reptile veterinarian. Your beardies life depends on it, Heres that preventative measure i mentioned:
Proper vivarium temperatures – Hot end measuring 90F to 105F and the cool end measuring 75F to 85F
Exposure to UV lighting – UV bulbs should be replaced every 6-9 months
Proper day and night cycles
Balanced diet of calcium and other nutrients
Adequate enclosure with space to hunt and climb
I hope this helps you and your beardie companion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom