Diarrhea

Ashlee B

Beardie name(s)
Finn
My beardie is about 4 years old and up until a couple months ago everything was great... He has had diarrhea for about 2 months... He's been to the vet twice.. parasite tests were nothing of concern.. he's been treated for giardia (probably spelled that wrong) he's not losing weight, he eats normally... I'm almost $600 in on vet visits and I don't know how much more I can afford... I recently changed his light setups to a t5 high output... I'm at a loss... Someone help...

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My beardie is about 4 years old and up until a couple months ago everything was great... He has had diarrhea for about 2 months... He's been to the vet twice.. parasite tests were nothing of concern.. he's been treated for giardia (probably spelled that wrong) he's not losing weight, he eats normally... I'm almost $600 in on vet visits and I don't know how much more I can afford... I recently changed his light setups to a t5 high output... I'm at a loss... Someone help...
please go over the surface basking temps and how your getting them-- No stickons please - UVB is placed where in the tank? Next what is his diet?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Which T5 tube bulb brand are you using?
Please review your diet & supplementation schedule for him. What feed/gutloads do you feed the
insects prior to giving them to your dragon?
Be sure to give extra oral fluids for him right now, if he is having that loose of stools so he doesn't
become dehydrated.
What are the temperatures in the tank right now?

Tracie

Ashlee B

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Finn
please go over the surface basking temps and how your getting them-- No stickons please - UVB is placed where in the tank? Next what is his diet?
His UVB is attached to the inside of his tank on the top... I have a little thermometer that just sits inside the tank.. and his diet consists of mainly kale, mustard greens and turnip greens and he gets super worms twice a week

Ashlee B

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Finn
Hello,

Please review your diet & supplementation schedule for him. What feed/gutloads do you feed the
Be sure to give extra oral fluids for him right now, if he is having that loose of stools so he doesn't
become dehydrated.

Tracie

Hello,

become dehydrated.

Tracie
It's a repti zoo T5 HO 10.0..39 watt ... He was without proper uvb due to my lack of education.. I had the spiral bulb and that wasnt sufficient enough... And this one still may not be.. should I go for the 54 watt?? he gets rapashy on all his bugs.. the bugs sometimes get the leftover greens but they aren't gut loaded... And I make sure to soak him every other day. His basking temp is 105 at the moment.. his hot side is 95 and his cool side is 84

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
It's a repti zoo T5 HO 10.0..39 watt ... He was without proper uvb due to my lack of education.. I had the spiral bulb and that wasnt sufficient enough... And this one still may not be.. should I go for the 54 watt?? he gets rapashy on all his bugs.. the bugs sometimes get the leftover greens but they aren't gut loaded... And I make sure to soak him every other day. His basking temp is 105 at the moment.. his hot side is 95 and his cool side is 84
Please get a better quality uvb bulb-- reptisun 10.0 39 watt -- repti zoo bulbs aren't very good you want the uvb directly above the basking decor 12-15 inches he doesn't need baths so often - too many will dry their scales out-

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh dear, are you able to get the Zoomed Reptisun
10 T5 instead? The Reptizoo is a lower quality bulb
& most likely doesn't have the higher UVB quality as
the others do.
How is he doing today?

Tracie

Ashlee B

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Finn
Hello,

Oh dear, are you able to get the Zoomed Reptisun
10 T5 instead? The Reptizoo is a lower quality bulb
& most likely doesn't have the higher UVB quality as
the others do.
How is he doing today?

Tracie
Yes ill pick up a better bulb for him.. He acts normal... He doesn't go without eating... I just can't solve the diarrhea problem.. hopefully switching his bulbs again will do the trick

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes ill pick up a better bulb for him.. He acts normal... He doesn't go without eating... I just can't solve the diarrhea problem.. hopefully switching his bulbs again will do the trick
If not post back on here and we will go from there

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Have you tried any proibiotics for him? That might help out since he has an upset tummy right now.
I am glad that he has a good appetite too, that is always a great sign!

Tracie

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ha12041437
Top Bottom