Storm is breathing or gulping weird, it is not normal at all. PLEASE any help would be most appreciated.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I will check that link out. Yes it is one of the things i am gonna request when we go to the new vet. I have a journal that has her woeght and measurements every 2 weeks and days where i saw a change, also a list of questions. The biggest this is blood work. That is a big goal.
Get copies of any work done and post on here for Tracie to look at -- she can help you here better than I can

Done

Original Poster
One vet popped up, they are closed so i left a message.
The hospital exotic vet isnt in but I made an appt for tomorrow and I am gonna call 2 other places real quick.

Done

Original Poster
Okay will do. I will be back i just want to call a couple of more places.
I have to go to work because the big wigs are coming to do inspection of our work. Instead of 12 am, i am going in at 2 am.
Hopefully ill get a call back, two places I was able to leave a message. One receptionist was wicked ucky to me. I am a very polite person and not pushy or anything. I figure she must be having a bad day so i kept it short.
I am got to give Dutchess her bath(she is my 1 yr and 8 mth beardie) she did her night time poop. Lol.
If i hear anything back or any changes ill come back on to inform you. I will most def keep you updated on any vet visits.
Thank you, this helped alot... i dont feel so alone in all this. I tend to worry alot when it comes to Storm .

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
sorry that storm is having such a problem. i agree that she probably aspirated some fluids/food hopefully the vet can help out.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

When is your vet appointment? Please post a copy of the blood work on here for me & I'll take a look
at it. I agree with AHBD & Karrie, she most likely did aspirate some fluids. They can easily aspirate
fluids if you aren't careful which will contribute to a respiratory issue.
Do you have a nebulizer at home?
Be sure to keep her warm overnight, around 75-80F to help boost her system right now.
She wont eat anything at all on her own now?

Let us know how she is doing.
Tracie

Done

Original Poster
Hello,

Any updates for us? I hope he is doing better, keep us posted on him.

Tracie
Yes, i am sorry I have my hands full these days. On the way to the vet I checked my card because i wanted to pull out 500.00 for the vet visit. All my money was gone! Someone somehow was able to withdrawl all of it in NY, NY.
Thank goodness i has squirrel money i brought with me. $200.
The vet said she did have a respirtory infection so she wanted to treat that firdt and we go back in 3 weeks.
Last night my 18 yr daughter woke me up saying Storm had blood coming out of her mouth.
I assess the situation and I had already notice her under tounge being abit swollen but the vet said it would take 10 days for her to be better so i didnt think too much on it till Brooke woke me up at midnight.
I emailed my vet and sent video and pics. I just got home from work and called and left a message. I realize they are closed today but will be open tomorrow.
Now I am at a loss on what to do. She is taking SMZ-TMP 0.12 ml once day for 30 days.
Screenshot_20240121_103237_Gallery.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240121_103320_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240121_103320_Gallery.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_20240121_103326_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240121_103326_Gallery.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 28

Done

Original Poster
I just feel so bad for her. She is the sweetest thing with personality and this week has been her worse yet.

Done

Original Poster
Her vet visit was on Tuesday the 16th so she has been on antibiotic since then. The vet gave her the first dose there.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Her vet visit was on Tuesday the 16th so she has been on antibiotic since then. The vet gave her the first dose there.
Try getting some unfiltered raw honey on the mouth -- she will probably eat it but keep putting it on it - the honey will kill any infection -- I am going to flag your post to two people see if they have some more ideas for the mouth
@AHBD
@Drache613

Done

Original Poster
I tried it but i dont think it is the right fit. She ended up bleeding again from licking it off. Her teeth are hitting the swollen parts of under her tougne which is causing it to bleed from being hack up by her teeth.

Done

Original Poster
I have left over tramadol. Can I give that to her with the anti biotic she is taking. I can only imagine the pain this is causing to her tougne.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I have left over tramadol. Can I give that to her with the anti biotic she is taking. I can only imagine the pain this is causing to her tougne.
I dont know --- for now dont do anything till Tracie can weigh in on this --- AHBD might be able to help here -- CooperDragon may be able to help w/ the mouth issue
@CooperDragon

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom