Storm is breathing or gulping weird, it is not normal at all. PLEASE any help would be most appreciated.

Done

What can i do to help her. Attached is a video. She is on a liquid diet, what if some went down the wrong tube or what is she drank water wrong.
Idk.
She has a vet appt on Tuesday. We are changing vets because last vet cost me 850 for 2 visits and they said she didnt have MBD and I read and researched soo much that it has to be MBD and maybe muscle dystrophy.
This whole time she was treated for worms and pain meds tramadol. Along with a liquid diet. EmerAid omnivore.
Her enclosure i have to keep simple. I have to watch her very closly when on top of her house. I do it to get extra uvb for about 2 hours at least. Also she isnt balance, a wrong turn on something slightly up at a wrong angle she falls on her back. Another reason i keep it simple.
She had tail rot. I treated it and was lucky to have her drop that part of tail.
Her Tuesday appt is with a vet i researched to find the best close by. It is an hour drive but they know thier reptiles and the reviews are awesome and they been featured in magazines and so forth.

Any help would be appreciated. She is always a happy girl. She is mad thay somedays I dobt get home till 12:30 but perks up when I do.

Attachments

• 20240114_150521.mp4
    9.5 MB
  • 20240114_151213.jpg
    20240114_151213.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 37
  • 20240114_150228.jpg
    20240114_150228.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 28
  • 20240114_150217.jpg
    20240114_150217.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 34
  • 20240114_150213.jpg
    20240114_150213.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 28
  • 20240114_150207.jpg
    20240114_150207.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 39
  • 20240114_151820.jpg
    20240114_151820.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 28

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What can i do to help her. Attached is a video. She is on a liquid diet, what if some went down the wrong tube or what is she drank water wrong.
Idk.
She has a vet appt on Tuesday. We are changing vets because last vet cost me 850 for 2 visits and they said she didnt have MBD and I read and researched soo much that it has to be MBD and maybe muscle dystrophy.
This whole time she was treated for worms and pain meds tramadol. Along with a liquid diet. EmerAid omnivore.
Her enclosure i have to keep simple. I have to watch her very closly when on top of her house. I do it to get extra uvb for about 2 hours at least. Also she isnt balance, a wrong turn on something slightly up at a wrong angle she falls on her back. Another reason i keep it simple.
She had tail rot. I treated it and was lucky to have her drop that part of tail.
Her Tuesday appt is with a vet i researched to find the best close by. It is an hour drive but they know thier reptiles and the reviews are awesome and they been featured in magazines and so forth.

Any help would be appreciated. She is always a happy girl. She is mad thay somedays I dobt get home till 12:30 but perks up when I do.
I do not see the video pic only

Done

Original Poster
I do not see the video pic only
The first attachment is a video but if you cant watch it i attached screen shot of what it looks like.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240114_152817_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240114_152817_Gallery.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_20240114_152900_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240114_152900_Gallery.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 30
  • Screenshot_20240114_152907_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240114_152907_Gallery.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_20240114_152916_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240114_152916_Gallery.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 27

Done

Original Poster
Because the vet told me too. She stop eating bugs. I just ordered hornworms because i know she will eat them.
She usually is much upbeat today not so much. I place heat and turned up my heat in hopes as sge breaths it dry up. It might be dumb i just thought to try.

Done

Original Poster
I mix some baby food organic and bee pollen sometime to give her something extra. She eats, drinks with a syringe really good. Her bowls are good, sometimes abit mushy, i just dont want her to get consitpated.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I mix some baby food organic and bee pollen sometime to give her something extra. She eats, drinks with a syringe really good. Her bowls are good, sometimes abit mushy, i just dont want her to get consitpated.
Have you tried letting her eat on her own? Its not good to syringe feed a dragon unless you absolutely haft to-- shes not going to get constipated as long as she stays hydrated and or you feed her something to big she cant push out like being impacted -- what kind of bugs did she stop eating? Did you try another staple feeder?

Done

Original Poster
Have you tried letting her eat on her own? Its not good to syringe feed a dragon unless you absolutely haft to-- shes not going to get constipated as long as she stays hydrated and or you feed her something to big she cant push out like being impacted -- what kind of bugs did she stop eating? Did you try another staple feeder?
I tried dubia, waxworms, horn worms, crickets, butter worms. I always try to give her bugs before do this liquid food. She just doesnt want them
It is why I decided to find a more experienced vet. I truely believe she isnt absorbing the calcium.
Dutchess is healthy girl and fine and my beardies before that were too.
She been a challenge. Started in November she get better but her movements were jerky and off. With everything she is going thru she is usally happy. She goes right up to the glass when i come home. She is my focus till it is bedtime at 6:30

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I tried dubia, waxworms, horn worms, crickets, butter worms. I always try to give her bugs before do this liquid food. She just doesnt want them
It is why I decided to find a more experienced vet. I truely believe she isnt absorbing the calcium.
Dutchess is healthy girl and fine and my beardies before that were too.
She been a challenge. Started in November she get better but her movements were jerky and off. With everything she is going thru she is usally happy. She goes right up to the glass when i come home. She is my focus till it is bedtime at 6:30
Shes got a good UVB which is what helps her absorb the calcium shes getting-- has she been tested for calcium levels? Have you tried silk worms or BSFL? Dragons will go off their food -- mine did several years ago --- had him at the vet spent around $500 on trying to figure out why he wasnt eating -- it was him - he was fine no sickness not losing weight - vet suggested I syringe feed so I did for a few weeks then I stopped figured if he couldnt eat on his own the so be it----- 2 days later he started to eat on his own I now have a dragon that does not eat a lot thru winter months but come Feb/ March he eats like a pig!!

Done

Original Poster
I haven't, ill go online and order thise right know. She loves to hunt but because she doesnt move well she gets frustrated so i take tweezers and make the bug look like it is moving and she eat it and be happy.
I work alot of extra shifts to get the money for her. My hubby picked up side jobs for her. We got a good amount saved up because we know she is gonna need alot of vet visit. She is so curious and knows how to get my attention to have window time or crawl around. I absolutely love her. I really dont want to go back to that vet that hasnt helped at all, i think i am gonna make some calls and see what vets help beardies. Just incase.
The vet we are bringing her Tuesday is the best. I really want to put my money there for her.
I just cant figure out why she crawls and muscle twiches. It just screams MBD. I ask for blood work at first but they wanted to do all this stuff. Her xray in the beginning of November the vet said her bones look good and her kidneys are slightly big but nothing to worry about.

Done

Original Poster
Here is a website to find a reptile vet in your area www.arav.org - type in a bigger cities zip code if your in a small town/ area--- you need blood work done--- flagging your post to Tracie our vet tech mod on here
@Drache613
I will check that link out. Yes it is one of the things i am gonna request when we go to the new vet. I have a journal that has her woeght and measurements every 2 weeks and days where i saw a change, also a list of questions. The biggest this is blood work. That is a big goal.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom