Storm is breathing or gulping weird, it is not normal at all. PLEASE any help would be most appreciated.

Done

Original Poster
I dont know --- for now dont do anything till Tracie can weigh in on this --- AHBD might be able to help here -- CooperDragon may be able to
The vet got back to me. We have an appt. for Tuesday. She is gonna look at her mouth and gonna change the antibiotic to injections. She gonna show me how to give them.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Ok, injections are fine as long as they are given properly & dosed accordingly.
How is your girl doing right now? I would be very cautious about using Tramadol along with an
antibiotic because it is Opium based. A lot don't do well on it & have side effects from it. I always
hesitate for them to be overmedicated. What exactly has caused the bleeding on the gumline?

Let us know how things are going.

Tracie

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If the bleeding is being caused by irritation from her teeth impacting the swollen tissue, I'm not sure there is a whole lot to do that would stop it without causing further irritation (packing the area with gauze came to mind but is probably likely to be more hassle than its worth). I think the main thing is to prevent infection in the open wound. Since she's already on antibiotics, that should reduce the risk of that. If the honey is making her irritate the tissue further, hold off on that. You could try keeping the area clean with an oral cleanser like maxiguard gel or diluted chlorhexidine, but I'm not sure how much benefit that would have. Probably worth a try though. Hopefully the vet will have some more ideas and tools available that I'm not aware of.

Done

Original Poster
She is doing so much better now. I am so relieved. It was looking so scary on Sunday. She still swollowing alot but not dramatically gulping as she was.
The swelling in her mouth has gone down. Her tounge got abit chewed up but is healing up nicely.
In a few weeks when she is better we are going back to the vet to find out why she isnt moving her legs well and muscles twitches.
The vet ruled out MBD like the last vet did so hopefully the mystery will be solved.
I will keep you guys updated. Thank you all.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That's great to hear she is doing so much better now. At least the swelling in her mouth has gone down
too, so hopefully she doesn't have the pain she did previously. I'm sure it takes awhile for it to fully heal
up.
Have the muscle twitches gotten less? I'm happy to hear that metabolic bone disease has been ruled out
though so far. Definitely let us know how things are going.

Tracie

Done

Original Poster
Storm Passed away last night.
Atadenovirus
I plan to have my other dragon tested to make sure she isnt a carried of the virus. Absolutely heart broken.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh no, I am so sorry to hear that little Storm passed, that seems so very sudden. :cry:
My condolences for your loss.

Tracie

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom