Mounting UV light

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gragrac

Right now I have Robert's UV on top of the screen. I just ordered him a ReptiSun and want to mount it inside his tank. How do I do that?

LittleDuudeIsAGirl

Hatchling Member
ive used velcro for a long time now to mount the light on the inside..it works great..do two rows of it across the back tho not just one..so you might need to buy a little more depending on the size

Gragrac

Original Poster
Thanks, does it have to be a specific kind? Also, do I have to mount it under the screen or can I mount it on the wall too?

LittleDuudeIsAGirl

Hatchling Member
mount it on the glass back wall just under your screen. also set it up so its closer to the side where your basking light is..that way if your bd wants to get out of the uv they can go to the other side..i think of it as them going under a rock to get out of the sun ya know?

and a specific kind of velcro? i dont think so..i just got some at a craft store..or maybe even walmart or something..i just put two rows along the back of the light fixture to be extra safe..also make sure you get the velcro with the STICKY back not the SEW ON kind..the velcro will come already stuck together so just peel off both sides of the plastic and stick it on the fixture then peel the other plastic off and reveal the sticky and just stick your entire light fixture to the glass...that way you dont put the velcro on the glass by hand and try to match it up with the light fixture after...just stick it first to the fixture then pull the sticky off then stick the fixture to the glass...does that make sense? its hard to explain..i think you will understand what i mean more when you get the velcro and see the plastic tape on each side.

Rob461

I just used about 2 dollars worth of chain (small chain) from lowes and a $.99 bag of S hooks to hang it down right in the middle of the enclosure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom