UV light problem: update

reptilemaster

Sub-Adult Member
So just this morning the UV light was flickering pretty badly. After a while it seemed to be working fine, but then suddenly just went out.
I've never had that happen before, I wonder if the light just went bad or if its the whole fixture?
The light itself was only a few months old, the fixture is over a year old. I have no way to test if the fixture is broke or if its just the light. So when I go out tomorrow, should I just get a new light or whole new fixture?

Morri

Beardie name(s)
Zoom
So just this morning the UV light was flickering pretty badly. After a while it seemed to be working fine, but then suddenly just went out.
I've never had that happen before, I wonder if the light just went bad or if its the whole fixture?
The light itself was only a few months old, the fixture is over a year old. I have no way to test if the fixture is broke or if its just the light. So when I go out tomorrow, should I just get a new light or whole new fixture?
When it happened to me, it was actually the socket in my extension that malfunctioned. Have you tried plugging it into a different socket?

Chris.

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
Good point.
I'd try to "wiggle" and twist the bulb a little, if it's the fixture you should get at least a flickering out of it.
But to me it sounds like the bulb malfunctioned.

ChileanTaco

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Taco
Very likely the tube - I remember when we still had a "neon tube" over the kitchen sink, when it died from time to time it was just the same, with flickering.
I would, however, first just check if something had become lose; unlikely, but happens.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom