Help with keeping my bearded healthy and happy

Mango44

Beardie name(s)
Mango
I have had him few months pretty sure he’s around 6 to 10 months. I recently bought a bigger house for him but keeping it hot has been issue. It’s 4 feet by 2 and screen top. I put towels on top to help keep the heat in. I am also using 2 heated lights and one bulb for sunlight. I did read that screen cuts a lot uvb and not sure how to mount it inside the screen. Also since moving into a bigger home he’s not pooping every day seems like once a week. Is this normal? Any suggestions for those who have similar issues, thanks

Attachments

• IMG_6422.jpeg
    IMG_6422.jpeg
    144.4 KB · Views: 60

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
I have had him few months pretty sure he’s around 6 to 10 months. I recently bought a bigger house for him but keeping it hot has been issue. It’s 4 feet by 2 and screen top. I put towels on top to help keep the heat in. I am also using 2 heated lights and one bulb for sunlight. I did read that screen cuts a lot uvb and not sure how to mount it inside the screen. Also since moving into a bigger home he’s not pooping every day seems like once a week. Is this normal? Any suggestions for those who have similar issues, thanks
I don't see any bottom vents in the terrarium. Perhaps air convection is disrupted there? This is just a guess.
What wattage are your heating lamps?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You need 2 digital probe thermometers to get accurate surface basking temps-- 95-100 for a 6 month old and older- if he's gaping that is good but you need to keep track of your temps - please get a digital probe hygrometer exo Terra makes them you don't want a combo temp / hygrometer one- place the probe on the back center wall - you can use analog gauges for ambient - 90-100 air temp on hot side--- 80's on the cool end what are you using for a uvb coil?

Mango44

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mango
It has vents on side.

I do have a digital thermometer and get some different results using in through the glass or inside.

I do have non light heat lamp that’s 80w and one that’s on 150 plus uva

The tube light is by reptisun t5 ho lamp from chewy uvb over screen, all are but concerns that he’s not getting enough sunlight from this.

Mango44

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mango
It seems like the temperature is doing okay at the moment it’s 110 hot stop and 80 in cooler, I don’t always keep two bulbs heat on, but for few hours, however the not pooping every day seems strange.
Is that normal as they are growing?

Is that bulb enough sunlight l hear about them getting issues from not having proper lighting and calcium deficiency. He does get calcium supplements.

Thanks for asking and suggestion

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
It seems like the temperature is doing okay at the moment it’s 110 hot stop and 80 in cooler, I don’t always keep two bulbs heat on, but for few hours, however the not pooping every day seems strange.
Is that normal as they are growing?

Is that bulb enough sunlight l hear about them getting issues from not having proper lighting and calcium deficiency. He does get calcium supplements.

Thanks for asking and suggestion
Your temps need to be taken inside the tank -- not from outside - IR guns approx 4-6 inches from spot - surface basking spot digital probe on the spot where he sits --- the not pooping every day is normal -- pooping slows down as they get older -- UVB needs to be inside the tank for a fine mesh like a screen door -12-15 inches directly over the basking decor piece---- if the mesh is a wide hole type it can stay on top but distance needs to be 8-10 inches -- if you need help w/ hanging please ask

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom