jumped from my hands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pleaides

Juvie Member
i would get her to a vet to rule out anything serious. she fell 51/2 foot on her back!
a vet visit is all i can say...

zombies

Original Poster
he or she seems perfectly fine
no stress marks .. eatin lyke a monster .. moving .. climbin .. im sure hes ok ..

twyliteskyz

Hatchling Member
im glad to here that, i was thinking, if i fell on my back like that i wouldnt feel like doing much either, as long as not too much time passed before he started acting right again

Menolly

Juvie Member
One easy way to tell if it is a male and he is old enough, he will have little pores on his back legs. You should be really careful with that though, because your male might start trying to breed with her way to early and that could stress her out and cause some problems. How old are your beardies and what kind of lights do you have? And if you don't mind me asking what kinds of greens and insects do you feed your dragon?

zombies

Original Poster
Menolly":621f9 said:
One easy way to tell if it is a male and he is old enough, he will have little pores on his back legs. You should be really careful with that though, because your male might start trying to breed with her way to early and that could stress her out and cause some problems. How old are your beardies and what kind of lights do you have? And if you don't mind me asking what kinds of greens and insects do you feed your dragon?

yea thanks i keep a good eye on em
i have a mvb powersun 100w 12inches away baskin spot ..
also a ceramic heater i usually jus always leave on

as of ryte now im feeding collard greens, carrots, cherries(rare) .. silk werms, phoenix worms, cricketts .. hmm .. thats pretty much it ryte now ..

maybe a little less than 2 months .. about 8-9 inches long ..

Pleaides

Juvie Member
zombies":d4494 said:
Menolly":d4494 said:
i have a mvb powersun 100w 12inches away baskin spot ..also a ceramic heater i usually jus always leave on

so you have the MVB with just a ceramic heater? you need a white light in conjunction with the UV as it protects their eyes from the rays. a normal household bulb would do the trick then you could use the CHE at night time if your temps drop below 65f.

zombies

Original Poster
Pleaides":a3b24 said:
zombies":a3b24 said:
Menolly":a3b24 said:
i have a mvb powersun 100w 12inches away baskin spot ..also a ceramic heater i usually jus always leave on

so you have the MVB with just a ceramic heater? you need a white light in conjunction with the UV as it protects their eyes from the rays. a normal household bulb would do the trick then you could use the CHE at night time if your temps drop below 65f.

i was using a household bulb switchin it daily wit the heater .. got tired of it n jus kept the heater .. i guess its time to buy another lamp or wutever ..

thanks for the info

chadwick757

Hatchling Member
Pleaides":f2a9d said:
zombies":f2a9d said:
Menolly":f2a9d said:

Why would you need another bulb besides the MVB to protect his eyes? The MVB provides UVB and UVA with the visible light of a normal basking bulb to help them dilate there eyes! Is there some problem I dont know about?

zombies

Original Poster
chadwick757":98cf0 said:
Pleaides":98cf0 said:
zombies":98cf0 said:
Menolly":98cf0 said:

Why would you need another bulb besides the MVB to protect his eyes? The MVB provides UVB and UVA with the visible light of a normal basking bulb to help them dilate there eyes! Is there some problem I dont know about?

see yea thats wut i thought. im kool then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom