My beardie has lost ability to walk on front legs in a week. What is this!?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great to hear he is getting stronger now, it just takes time.
How is his appetite doing?
I hope he continues to improve, keep us posted on his progress. 💖

Tracie

Awkwardhippie67

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Falkor
I have an update!! Ive been concerned cause he's still refusing his Salads and barely touching his feeders. But he's getting stronger. And just an hour ago, he climbed up his basking rock on his own. He's been doing it when I had extra padding, he just scooted up the wadded up towel I had. I've removed that. And now I just lined the bottom with pillow cases til I get him some tile from homedepot tomorrow. And he was on the ground by the rock and I heard a noise and looked up and he climbed up that rock. Pulled himself up almost 7 inches off the ground. Happened quick too. I'm so proud of him.
Hello Jacklyn,

How is your boy doing today?
I did get your Serrapeptase shipped out so hopefully you will receive it pretty quickly.
I don't see any swelling as would be developing in gout, at the moment.
It is highly possible he hurt himself when he fell off of his basking area. You do have a
better UVB now, but make sure it is at the proper distance. What brand of tube are you
using, the Reptisun 10 tube?
He was moving around without any issues prior to him falling?
Many times they seem fine but their calcium levels are low but then all of the sudden they
begin to show signs of weakness. They are very good at hiding health problems!
How often are you using calcium for him?

Let us know how he is doing.
Tracie

Awkwardhippie67

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Falkor
I have an update!! Ive been concerned cause he's still refusing his Salads and barely touching his feeders. But he's getting stronger. And just an hour ago, he climbed up his basking rock on his own. He's been doing it when I had extra padding, he just scooted up the wadded up towel I had. I've removed that. And now I just lined the bottom with pillow cases til I get him some tile from homedepot tomorrow. And he was on the ground by the rock and I heard a noise and looked up and he climbed up that rock. Pulled himself up almost 7 inches off the ground. Happened quick too. I'm so proud of him.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom