i ordered my first BD just now

Status
Not open for further replies.

rottnbull02

Hatchling Member
Ha, see I am not so crazy. I just got a few babies from Calientedragons.com last week. The week before my hubby built a melamine rack and it was still smelly from the caulking. So I stuck a box of baking soda in it. Worked perfectly.

Oh and be careful with crickets in a cage built out of plywood. My husband built a huge cage that we have in our family room out of oak and he vented the top out of wire. The crickets can climb up the walls and out! YEAH....not fun :shock: I was catching crickets for a week.

twyliteskyz

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
rottnbull02":7d0b7 said:
Ha, see I am not so crazy. I just got a few babies from Calientedragons.com last week. The week before my hubby built a melamine rack and it was still smelly from the caulking. So I stuck a box of baking soda in it. Worked perfectly.

Oh and be careful with crickets in a cage built out of plywood. My husband built a huge cage that we have in our family room out of oak and he vented the top out of wire. The crickets can climb up the walls and out! YEAH....not fun :shock: I was catching crickets for a week.

i was looking at calientedragons too, but they didnt have a telephone number that i could find. and they also took all their BDs down because they went to some show, but that was before daichu posted hehe. hmm. the big square vent has screen, but the small circular ones dont, ill have to watch them. and also go ahead and buy that baking soda since it worked for you!

dragonphoenix36

Juvie Member
Congratulations! :blob5: He/she is beautiful, and I'm almost 100% positive you won't regret your purchase. I bought my boyfriend one for Christmas and we both love her so much.
You have definitely found the right place to ask questions..the people here are phenominal...they answer all of your questions without making you feel stupid..like you should know all the answers. Even though I did research and read all of the information I could find..I still had questions, and everyone here has been great. Good luck and I hope you enjoy your beardie as much as we're enjoying ours.
~Beth~

rottnbull02

Hatchling Member
I think Heidi (calientedragons.com) will be posting more soon. I know she took her dragons to the Pomona show over the weekend. There is a link to her myspace page on her site and you can find some of her availables there. I am very happy with my purchase from her. If you are ever in the market again I would recommend her with out a second though. Also livingstonlizardlounge.com is great. Their dragons have great color and personality. Have you checked out AlphaDragonz.com?

These guys are so addicting...so you may be in the market to add soon. :lol:

twyliteskyz

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
spikez123":afac2 said:
i hate to be that guy but your heat lamp seems a little close.
well, the stick is actually behind the heat lamp, and isnt under it, but i guess he could leap unto the bell part from the side if he was determined, but hopefully he wont =\

twyliteskyz

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
he in his new viv now :blob5: . he seems to be in good shape so far, he's scratching on the glass trying to get out, so thats a good sign lol, hes moving all legs. and looking around. he looked like he might have coughed once it think, at least thats what it might have been. hes a little darker colored right now so he might be a bit scared. he doesnt run away from me though. but i havent tried to pick him up either, i think im not going to try picking him up for a few days. he seems to stick to the paper towels a bit and bites at it lol

kmc5

Hatchling Member
Who did you order from? I don't recognize the name. I am looking for a beardie and I am about ready to get one.

Nevermind I found the site!! Off to look!
And congrats on your new baby.

rottnbull02

Hatchling Member
Hi kmc5,

They got their baby from Dachiu, but I think they are already sold out. You can try looking at the classified on this board or on kingsnake.com. A few off the top of my head are livingstonlizardlounge.com, calientedragons.com, dachiu.com, alphadragonz.com (he wont be posting more until the 11th), bloodbankdragons.com. There is a topsites where you can find a ton of different breeders....most of the sites I have listed will have a link to it at the bottom of their page. Good luck, and let us know if you do get a new baby!!

Stephanie

kmc5

Hatchling Member
After going to the site, I remember that on being on my list and I missed the babies!!!

I have two others on my list. We will make a decision this weekend I think. giggle, I hope.

twyliteskyz

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
first pics! i found his sleeping spot has a little protruding stick he found was a nice pillow lol!
p1.jpg

p3.jpg

p4.jpg

p2.jpg

p5.jpg

he ate about 20 crickets and already made a poop. so thats god news, crickets were hideing under the paper towels so i took them out and now its just tile in there. we havent settled on a name yet, i kinda like roger or sid, but my bf likes pyro. but i think pyros cute too.

twyliteskyz

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
kmc5":faf08 said:
After going to the site, I remember that on being on my list and I missed the babies!!!

I have two others on my list. We will make a decision this weekend I think. giggle, I hope.

sorry you missed them , but as someone else said, calientedragons are really nice and if i ever got anouther one i would go there, and last i checked they were going to be posting soon. so i would send them a email and see if they can work something out with you

twyliteskyz

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
first bath! ok, i promise i wont post pics everytime he does something lol. so these wll be the last for a while :)
15 minute bath every day right? i turn his lights on and let him get uvb for 20 minutes before i gave him a bath, then i dried him off and put him under the basking light
fb2.jpg

fb1.jpg

sunkist

Sub-Adult Member
Baths are all a preference. My boys (one of which is from caliente and I love them) get 2 baths a day, morning and night. They are our poop baths as I hate cleaning poop out of the tanks! It also helps to ensure they are very hydrated.

I can't see the pics cause I am at work but look forward to seeing them tonight when I get home.

dragonphoenix36

Juvie Member
..Why not post pics everytime he does something? You'd just be joining the ranks of the other "proud parents" here...LOL. I personally enjoy seeing pics of other member's beardies and viv's. It gives me ideas on how to arrange Sakura's viv so she and I are both happy with it...LOL, and where we might purchase our next beardie from. Not that Charlie wasn't awesome to deal with, and Sakura isn't beautiful, but from looking up different colors online..I like the sunfire ones..or maybe even adopt a rescue..I don't know. So don't feel freakish about posting pictures..you're just a "proud mamma" like other people here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom