My new baby beardie will NOT eat!?

Shelbsalexis

Original Poster
So my beardie of 10+ years recently passed away. A family member bought me a new baby. I’ve had him for about 11 days now. The first 2 days I had him he ate a decent amount of crickets & Dubias. No greens/vegs. By day 3ish-4 of having him he will NOT eat anything at all! Nothing. I’ve offered so many bugs several attempts through out each day. And he always has a fresh salad each day that he has NEVER touched. Honestly all he really does is bask all day long. Doesn’t leave his rock. I’m not sure what to do or if this is normal!?!? (His basking temps are a perfect 105’f. His cool side is about 79’f. Currently I have a coil UVB 10.0 bulb. But I have a reprising T5 10.0 coming in the mail tomorrow. Rango does poop every single morning. Does that mean he is eating without me seeing? Any advice would be great!

Shelbsalexis

Original Poster
Just an update incase anybody sees this/wants to know? Unfortunately my little guy is just declining health wise. Still has not ate (on his own) not once since being home. Other than on day 1. Before reaching out to a vet I decided to reach out to the pet store my family member got him from as (this is not what I signed up for and I didn’t do anything to make him sick) the pet store asked A LOT of questions to make sure I was doing everything correctly. The only thing they corrected me on was telling me I need night time temps higher than 70’f, that they need to be (or at least from the store they come from) that their night temps are never below 75’f also with a certain spot at 84’f. According to them…. Other than that I’ve done everything perfectly. So they offered to take my little guy back and I can choose a new one. I know they have a vet at this pet shop so I’m hoping they can help him in ways that I can’t. So today i unfortunately am going to be brining him back. I feel so so terrible but I truly tried. I am hoping that the new baby beardie I will be getting is happy healthy and perfect. I will be safely cleaning and sanitizing all terrarium and decor before putting the new little guy inside just to be safe. Again, thank you all for you help and support!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I'm sorry ge didn't improve, you truely tried. Some babies just fail to thrive and all the care in the world just can't make a difference. Hopefully your next baby will be a much better experience. Update us on your new guy, we all love the introductions. 🙂

Shelbsalexis

Original Poster
I'm sorry ge didn't improve, you truely tried. Some babies just fail to thrive and all the care in the world just can't make a difference. Hopefully your next baby will be a much better experience. Update us on your new guy, we all love the introductions. 🙂
Here are a couple pictures. I don’t want to take him out just yet want him to have as least stress as possible while settling in. But he is just gorgeous and looks healthy. So far he’s been eating great too which is such a relief! I was told by the pet store he is a “super red hypo translucent” Although I don’t know how true that is. He is a beautiful reddish/orange (pictures don’t do justice & his body/head are going into shed), clear nails, but his eyes are not black. If anybody has any idea on possible morphs he may be, let me know!
Oh yeah, he’s also a bit older than my pervious baby. I’m guessing 4 months? But I’m not 100% sure. I’ll have to take better pictures after a few days. But if anybody has an idea on how to tell how old he may be please let me know that also 🙂

Attachments

• 7277EF22-BDA6-4339-AF63-A3FA97CEE0DE.jpeg
    7277EF22-BDA6-4339-AF63-A3FA97CEE0DE.jpeg
    316.2 KB · Views: 68
  • 0180F4FE-78CF-404A-9ACA-2738C89FB13F.jpeg
    0180F4FE-78CF-404A-9ACA-2738C89FB13F.jpeg
    201.5 KB · Views: 65
  • 5A43A8E7-985D-4AEE-B8EA-662C53B755CC.jpeg
    5A43A8E7-985D-4AEE-B8EA-662C53B755CC.jpeg
    193.8 KB · Views: 65

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom