Heating in tank?

Beardie name(s)
Blue
Hello! I just got a 120 gallon tank for my bearded dragon. I'm currently using a 100 watt bulb, but I think I need more heat. Should I be using a 150 watt bulb? I heard this can give them sunburns or burn them. Any ideas?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello! I just got a 120 gallon tank for my bearded dragon. I'm currently using a 100 watt bulb, but I think I need more heat. Should I be using a 150 watt bulb? I heard this can give them sunburns or burn them. Any ideas?
Please get 2 digital probe thermometers- that's going to give you surface basking temps-- those should be 95-100 on the spot where he sits for basking- the other probe use for your cool side - lower 80's- middle of the tank 90's-

Blue_the_beardie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Blue
Please get 2 digital probe thermometers- that's going to give you surface basking temps-- those should be 95-100 on the spot where he sits for basking- the other probe use for your cool side - lower 80's- middle of the tank 90's-
Ok. Her basking-warm side temps were around 76 degrees Fahrenheit. Should I get a 150 watt bulb?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok. Her basking-warm side temps were around 76 degrees Fahrenheit. Should I get a 150 watt bulb?
Get a surface basking temp and see what its reading--- 95-100 is what your aiming for -- if its not reaching that get a 150 watt and get your temps then - your tank is going to react to your room temps - if its by a window if the tank is on the floor which it shouldnt be or if the room is a cold room - those all play a part of getting the tank the correct temps -

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom