Lighting controlled with Herpstat 2 thermostat

mshaverly

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Vhagara
So, my husband got a Herpstat 2 thermostat and has been setting it up today. I have found it to complicated. We currently have the new basking surface (slate tiles) registering at 99 degrees. The thermostat has a "bask assist" feature so as to dim and brighten the basking light to help control the temperature. When the lights come on (150 watt basking bulb and UVB) at 7:00 am, it takes about 1.5 - 2 hours for the tank (120 gallon) to reach its max temp for the day. Is this about right or should I add a CHE? I have a 75 watt CHE bulb in a dimmable receptacle I could add to the thermostat. Once heated, (for our house temp), the thermostat maintains until the lights go out 6:00 pm. Then our house drops to about 72 degrees at night.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
So, my husband got a Herpstat 2 thermostat and has been setting it up today. I have found it to complicated. We currently have the new basking surface (slate tiles) registering at 99 degrees. The thermostat has a "bask assist" feature so as to dim and brighten the basking light to help control the temperature. When the lights come on (150 watt basking bulb and UVB) at 7:00 am, it takes about 1.5 - 2 hours for the tank (120 gallon) to reach its max temp for the day. Is this about right or should I add a CHE? I have a 75 watt CHE bulb in a dimmable receptacle I could add to the thermostat. Once heated, (for our house temp), the thermostat maintains until the lights go out 6:00 pm. Then our house drops to about 72 degrees at night.
Try the 75 watt and see how long it takes to heat it up

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom