Which heat source to use in a 120 gallon habitat with mesh screen top?

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
There are stories of 20 plus years but I don't know them personally so I can't verify they are true.
It so happened that I personally know a person whose beardie lived for 18 years. I often ask him how he achieved this. His answer is proper and varied nutrition, and the more variety, the better for the dragon. He is a true wizard when it comes to feeding. I don’t know how he does it, but these lizards eat everything, and they are absolutely not skinny and look great.
This is how I spend my evenings 😄 (notice Zen is by himself in both pics lol. He is the sweetest of the 5 but I can't trust him with the others)
You are a very happy person! Someday, when I become more experienced, I will also have several beardies! :giggle:
Are you using the reptile store in summerlin? I got Sweet Pea up there, one of the employees is supposedly a breeder. When I got her home I discovered she had mbd and was extremely malnourished. I use LLL, Scales n tails, or Top Notch for the most part.
No, I live far overseas, this is Eastern Europe, I thought that this was very noticeable in my poor English.
We have our own stores with exotic animals here, but we must pay tribute that all the owners really love what they do and all the animals are thriving. We do not have a mass market with huge flows of money from sales, perhaps this improves the situation.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
It so happened that I personally know a person whose beardie lived for 18 years. I often ask him how he achieved this. His answer is proper and varied nutrition, and the more variety, the better for the dragon. He is a true wizard when it comes to feeding. I don’t know how he does it, but these lizards eat everything, and they are absolutely not skinny and look great.

You are a very happy person! Someday, when I become more experienced, I will also have several beardies! :giggle:

No, I live far overseas, this is Eastern Europe, I thought that this was very noticeable in my poor English.
We have our own stores with exotic animals here, but we must pay tribute that all the owners really love what they do and all the animals are thriving. We do not have a mass market with huge flows of money from sales, perhaps this improves the situation.
I knew that, but i didn't pay attention to who posted lol. I was on a roll and forgot to slow down and look around lmao. (Slow day at work and I'm bored senseless 🤪)

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
I knew that, but i didn't pay attention to who posted lol. I was on a roll and forgot to slow down and look around lmao. (Slow day at work and I'm bored senseless 🤪)
It’s bad when there is little work, time drags on painfully long

mshaverly

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Vhagara
Yes! I was a G.O.T addict. Thank you. So, what exactly should I feed the dubia roaches as I have been feeding them dubia roach food and the water gel I make with the crystals. I have so many of them as I have had to cut back on how many to feed her. Do you want some or all my roaches high in uric acid now? See, like I said, I have gotten so much conflicting info lately. I took her to Park Animal Hospital today and saw Dr. Vince. Nice guy. I had him laughing a lot and I am sure he thought I was the crazy lizard lady by the time I left. Got lots of good info and took him another stool sample. He said I must get her on salad. So, today she got 5 roaches dusted in multivitamin powder plus calcium with vitamin D3 and the salad was offered first. As the day dragged on I finally fed her the roaches ass she would not eat the salad. Tomorrow, she will get salad and I am sure she won't eat it. But, she will get no insects. Not sure what to do about it. She weighed 430 grams and is 17 inches long. He wants her to have some form of calcium every day. And I am sure she will eat only every other day as I have been dealing with her for two months now. I am still glad I rescued her as she was not in a good place. But because they never started her on salad I am not sure I will ever be able to correct. Therefore, she may fall into bad health. What would you do if you were me?

mshaverly

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Vhagara
They go by instinct --- mine slow down quite a bit all tho it is hard to tell w/ Blaze now since hes vision impaired - he sleeps alot moves around but not like a active dragon - and I am having to syringe feed him his greens CC Herbivore - he does try and go for the roaches w/ a lot of help from me and lately hes not been doing that so w/ him I am trying -- Hiccup goes into his hide and will sleep for days then appear - he was out and active yesterday and went to bed early so I shut their lights off at 7 30 PM - I reduce their lighting in the winter by their behavior - I watch their behavior constantly as they are in my computer/ office room so I have access to them all day long-
Hi Kerrie, I took my dragon to a different vet for a general check up and recheck of entamoeba infection since she finished her meds. He suggested I syringe feed her since she is not eating her greens. He said there was a powder and then he forgot to get it for me. Is the one you are feeding Critical Care by Oxbow? Have you ever just made a slurry by blending greens and veggies?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi Kerrie, I took my dragon to a different vet for a general check up and recheck of entamoeba infection since she finished her meds. He suggested I syringe feed her since she is not eating her greens. He said there was a powder and then he forgot to get it for me. Is the one you are feeding Critical Care by Oxbow? Have you ever just made a slurry by blending greens and veggies?
You can make the slurry - the Oxbow stuff is great for sick dragons - it gives them all the stuff they need to keep them healthy- I have Blaze on it -- he is vision impaired and I cant get him to eat his salads off the plate -

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Yes! I was a G.O.T addict. Thank you. So, what exactly should I feed the dubia roaches as I have been feeding them dubia roach food and the water gel I make with the crystals. I have so many of them as I have had to cut back on how many to feed her. Do you want some or all my roaches high in uric acid now? See, like I said, I have gotten so much conflicting info lately. I took her to Park Animal Hospital today and saw Dr. Vince. Nice guy. I had him laughing a lot and I am sure he thought I was the crazy lizard lady by the time I left. Got lots of good info and took him another stool sample. He said I must get her on salad. So, today she got 5 roaches dusted in multivitamin powder plus calcium with vitamin D3 and the salad was offered first. As the day dragged on I finally fed her the roaches ass she would not eat the salad. Tomorrow, she will get salad and I am sure she won't eat it. But, she will get no insects. Not sure what to do about it. She weighed 430 grams and is 17 inches long. He wants her to have some form of calcium every day. And I am sure she will eat only every other day as I have been dealing with her for two months now. I am still glad I rescued her as she was not in a good place. But because they never started her on salad I am not sure I will ever be able to correct. Therefore, she may fall into bad health. What would you do if you were me?
I forgot to mention earlier today, if she won't eat greens, and your with holding bugs till she does, you can get liquid calcium and mix it with water and a little none citrus fruit juice or punch. Use the eyedropper to drip it on her snout.
I know everyone thinks I'm silly, but taste the liquid calcium before you try to give it to her. I've gotten some that taste horrible and my guys refused it.
I've had pretty good luck with the flukers brand not tadting bad.
The liquid multivitamins ALL taste and smell horrible best I can tell. I haven't found any my guys will take.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)

Attachments

• th-342365012.jpg
    th-342365012.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 31

mshaverly

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Vhagara
Ok. Today she has stayed in her warm side hide. Apparently, I missed her coming out at some point as I found a piece of shed skin in her terrarium. So, should I get her out and syringe feed her the Herbivore CC? It was not a good experience feeding her yesterday. I couldn't get her mouth open and now she wants nothing to do with me. It is affecting our relationship. She hasn't touched her salad. She is resting and her head is down.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom