Dubia luxury.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lumpdog450

Hatchling Member
Room is pretty chilly and I'm havin a bit of trouble gettin my temp up so I used my left over styrofoam to insulate their new home. Hopefully they're all :D :D :D

be628a98065fb0728a3cd4b8b4aad726_zps26972fbf.jpg

Doublet74

Hatchling Member
Also not positive but they may eat it and burrow through it. Not trying to be negative just trying to help. :)

Lumpdog450

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Doublet74":f5ya7f0y said:
Also not positive but they may eat it and burrow through it. Not trying to be negative just trying to help. :)

Thanks because I'm new at this. I'd figure I'd try it and keep an eye on em!

Onlymediocre

Juvie Member
I had tore down a styrofoam cup to use as a shallow bowl for water crystals... They ate thru the bottom of it. Maybe you could find another tub that would sit down into that one? then it would still be insulated but they couldnt get to the foam?

Doublet74

Hatchling Member
I have an under tank heater on the bottom of my container. I also put a ceramic heat emitter on top. My temps are perfect and I keep mine in my basement where there is no heat.

Lumpdog450

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Doublet74":3w41orck said:
I have an under tank heater on the bottom of my container. I also put a ceramic heat emitter on top. My temps are perfect and I keep mine in my basement where there is no heat.

With this setup I broke 90? Usually it's low 80s. I thought it needed to be warmer
I have 100w CHE on top, mini Zoomed heat taped to side and a old heat rock on Bottom of tub???

Brieana

Hatchling Member
Or maybe put a slightly smaller storage bin inside this one. Then you'll get the maximum effect of the insulation without worry.

Lumpdog450

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well you win some..... You lose some and I lost this one....
I checked on them and my tape barrier was NOT working and I suspect the rise in temperature made them a ill more frisky and they were a climbing! So I turned the insulated tub into my SuperWorm morphing tub to help them with their temps. So I moved them back to their original tub and everyone can sleep a ill easier knowing they don't climb plastic! Thanks for all the tips and advice like always....

Doublet74

Hatchling Member
Lumpdog450":1r3u10k9 said:
Doublet74":1r3u10k9 said:

With this setup I broke 90? Usually it's low 80s. I thought it needed to be warmer
I have 100w CHE on top, mini Zoomed heat taped to side and a old heat rock on Bottom of tub???
I honestly have no idea what the temperature is inside. I do know I have about 1000 babies a month though. And before I added the CHE I had none. But I live in an area that was 34°f last night and that is warm for winter time. Take that for what its worth this is just what works for me.

czuber

Hatchling Member
Never used a CHE Does it put out light? or just heat. My Roaches will be here Wednesday and I want it setup good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom