Colour/pattern help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
Yup normal morph - (my favorite)

Now, color-wise - looks like my Lexi :)

"Citrus Tiger" - the fancy schmancy name for just a color differential - often a very bright yellow dragon with some orange, and blue/purple side bars.

Basicallly - you have an absolutey beautiful dragon :)

-Em

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
PS
That first pic with the horn worm is FANTASTIC!!!! LOVE IT!!!

Whays your dragons name?

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
KarenInCA":krp1zh31 said:
He looks just like our Rin.
Just curious, what does Morph mean?

Im no expert on all the morph details, but its the scale type - normal/regular, leatherback, silkback ....

as far as the hypo, trans, all that - I get lost hahaha.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
blue11":2vcj71ok said:
KarenInCA":2vcj71ok said:
He looks just like our Rin.
Just curious, what does Morph mean?

Im no expert on all the morph details, but its the scale type - normal/regular, leatherback, silkback ....

as far as the hypo, trans, all that - I get lost hahaha.

Morph is a term in the reptile trade that refers to inheritable genetic mutations. I'm not sure the origin (morphology maybe?) but it refers to patterns, colors, scale type or other traits that can be predictably passed from parent to offspring and effect the way they look. Bearded dragons only have a few genetic morphs, all pertaining to pigmentation or scales. Most are sort of an "on/off" condition, they either have the gene, carry it or lack it.

Colors are often labeled as morphs, but it's more accurate to just call them colors, since they aren't controlled the same was as a "morph". Sometimes color variations are referred to as "phase".

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
I still cant get over how beautiful Marty is - such gorgeous lemon clouring in that first picture too!

I will have to show you a pic of Lexi - her colour and pattern is so so similar to Marty. Gotta love thise bkue and purple sidebars!!!!!
Shes a bit more on the yellow side than orange, she goes in and out of colours, to darker to a rust orange back to a yellow.

Lexi is a rescue, she has MBD and some limitations, but this is why I LOVE looking at these pics of Marty because it gives me a good idea of just how healthy and and sturdy looking she would have grown to be if she was cared for during her life before me.

She does have some very bright orange patches on her front legs and her majorly on her beard, but it all depends on temps and environment and moods etc

Im so glad you out these pics up and I saw this post ....
Lets just decide to be fancy and call them Citrus Tigers ;) for there colour, i never really thoig thoughtht about it, but it has a nice ring to it.
Teehee.
Thanks again for making my day!!! How old is Marty by the way?

-E

Kazyrock

Original Poster
blue11":1ac5mq8x said:
I still cant get over how beautiful Marty is - such gorgeous lemon clouring in that first picture too!

I will have to show you a pic of Lexi - her colour and pattern is so so similar to Marty. Gotta love thise bkue and purple sidebars!!!!!
Shes a bit more on the yellow side than orange, she goes in and out of colours, to darker to a rust orange back to a yellow.

Lexi is a rescue, she has MBD and some limitations, but this is why I LOVE looking at these pics of Marty because it gives me a good idea of just how healthy and and sturdy looking she would have grown to be if she was cared for during her life before me.

She does have some very bright orange patches on her front legs and her majorly on her beard, but it all depends on temps and environment and moods etc

Im so glad you out these pics up and I saw this post ....
Lets just decide to be fancy and call them Citrus Tigers ;) for there colour, i never really thoig thoughtht about it, but it has a nice ring to it.
Teehee.
Thanks again for making my day!!! How old is Marty by the way?

-E

Sorry for such a late reply to everyone! Thank ls for all the positive comments about marty! He's such a sweetheart and I'm glad people like him :) he's about a year and 4 months. And id love to see photos of Lexi!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom