Natural colour or yellow fungus?

Beardie name(s)
Habanero
Hello!

This is our second bearded dragon and im still learning so much about these guys. I noticed our buddy going through a shed (you can see his head and chin are very pale) and all of a sudden noticed how yellow his beard/under belly looks. When I googled this there is so so much about hello fungus. Naturally, I have concern except that it looks like it has a pattern to it which I feel a fungus would not? What do you think?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-02-07 at 10.09.25 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2024-02-07 at 10.09.25 AM.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 41
  • Screen Shot 2024-02-07 at 10.08.27 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2024-02-07 at 10.08.27 AM.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 36

Shard

Beardie name(s)
Xion (she-on)
I'd wait for an expert's opinion, but my beardie has a similar thing on her beard & shoulders! When I looked into it I found yellow fungus is typically crusty and patternless, so it looks like it might just be a marking for him!

Also I want you to know his belly spells "Hi" :]
1707330860529.jpg

khaylizardlady

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Habanero
I'd wait for an expert's opinion, but my beardie has a similar thing on her beard & shoulders! When I looked into it I found yellow fungus is typically crusty and patternless, so it looks like it might just be a marking for him!

Also I want you to know his belly spells "Hi" :] View attachment 87131
yes my thinking too! Going to keep an eye on it and see how it looks after this shed. He's also on Baytril for respiratory issues. :( You are so clever, it does say hi! haha Can you show me photo of your beardy?

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
that looks like normal coloring to me. yellow fungus is pretty rare

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Definitely natural color. I've had beardies of many shades of yellow to red. Some of them were tri color with red/yellow/orange. Here's a pic of one of my boy's yellow bellies.

1707332798830.jpg

Shard

Beardie name(s)
Xion (she-on)
oh wow! It just seems so off from all of his other colours haha what colour is this babies back?
It's hard to pin down what color she'd be considered 🤔 Early on she looked more like a creamsicle, but now there's patches of reddish orange, cream, and even blue. Sometimes she looks like a dull brown, but when she's active or eating she lights up in a fiery blaze. Back when I rescued her I thought she was a standard due to the awful lighting lol

edit: lol mixed up the posts

Last edited:

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
What a gorgeous beardie! Mine has a slight tint of orange in her beard so it's just his natural coloring:)

Xjrosie

Hatchling Member
My guy, Thor, turns yellowish when he's working toward shedding. Most tend to turn whitish, but not all. He's normally whitish with tan and orange, but his shed is yellowish and medium brown

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom