Bearded dragon ear parasite

abarron4430

Good evening,
Today, I saw my bearded dragon suddenly scratch the back of his head with hind legs a few times. So I had a look and saw something moving INSIDE his ear cavity. I looked like a brown worm or something but I am unsure.
Aside from this he seems completely normal and content, but understandably this has me very concerned.
I haven’t seen anything online about this problem so am unsure what to do.
Any help would be much appreciated.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Good evening,
Today, I saw my bearded dragon suddenly scratch the back of his head with hind legs a few times. So I had a look and saw something moving INSIDE his ear cavity. I looked like a brown worm or something but I am unsure.
Aside from this he seems completely normal and content, but understandably this has me very concerned.
Get him into the vet please--- www.arav.org ---- if your in a small town / area please type in the biggest cities zip code closest to you --

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is very strange. If there is some type of worm
internally affecting him, I agree you should take him
into the vet to be sure it gets cleared up.

Tracie

ChileanTaco

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Taco
Good evening,
Was the "worm" behind the eardrum (the skin you see in the ear), or in front of it, i.e. accessible from the outside?
(Of course, even if it was the latter, I strongly recommend the vet!)
In case you have been to the vet already, is there an update?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Let us know how things are going & if you were able to
get him to a vet. I'd like to know the outcome of this!

Tracie

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom