Colored Night Lamps

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmclay

The kit I bought for my baby beardie came with a colored night light heat lamp. I thought I heard somewhere that they are dangerous but I wanted to hear your thoughts on them.
It's also purple if that can help at all :/

Charlos101

Hatchling Member
Yer i read on this site that coloured lamps were bad for Beardys but my friends had a red one in their enclosure for over a year now and his Beardys perfectly healthy! If it was me i'd get a normal coloured one just to be on the safe side but maybe you could give it a test run :D

Slave2Scarlett

Gray-bearded Member
Using any type of light @ night can affect their sleeping habits and hurt their eyes.. They can still see the light even though they are asleep.. I would recommend getting a Ceramic Heat Emitter for night time heat..

cmclay

Original Poster
The room I have him in gets very hot at night, so I don't think I'll need it anyways. I guess I'll probably get a ceramic heat emitter nice fall/winter

Thanks for the help

Slave2Scarlett

Gray-bearded Member
Yeah as long as his enclosure stays above 65 at night you really don't need anything.. I just use one during the winter.. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Godaxus
Top Bottom